Morning vs night weigh in

Options
Even though the morning weight is La ideal weight you should go by, does anyone else feel slightly discouraged when you weigh yourself and later that day and you're 2-3 lbs heavier?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No. If I get on the scale at night and I'm only up 2-3 pounds from the morning, I'm quite pleased.

Are you shocked that when you wake up in the morning you need to empty your bladder? The contents of said bladder have mass/weight and impact your scale read on the evening weigh in. As well as unprocessed/unexpeled solid food...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    deasmi86 wrote: »
    Even though the morning weight is La ideal weight you should go by, does anyone else feel slightly discouraged when you weigh yourself and later that day and you're 2-3 lbs heavier?

No...because I would've eaten food and consumed liquids...all of which have weight and that weight would obviously show up on a scale.

• deasmi86
    deasmi86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    True, that was kind of silly the way I worded it. I meant sometimes I weigh myself at night, go to sleep, then weigh myself in the morning. Lol that was kind of us dumb question now that I read it out loud
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    2-3 lbs a day is just normal body processes. I would feel discouraged if my was not functioning normally!