Traveling to Haiti

Options
Hey I am traveling to Haiti on June 28th. I was wondering when I get immunization will it zap my energy levels and I won't be able to workout or will I be fine. I'm getting immunization such as Malaria.

Replies

• eyer0ll
    eyer0ll Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the malaria vaccine but as with other vaccinations, I imagine it might make you a bit achy or low energy for a day or two (or it might not; plenty of people don't have any reaction at all to vaccines.) I would do a light workout if you feel any effects from the shots, but it shouldn't last more than a few days.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't affect you.
    I went to India two years ago and had the malaria (didn't have it for Haiti 5years ago) vaccine, as well as a number of others. Except for a slightly tender upper left arm when touched, I was fine.

Cheers, h.
  • SylviaCherie
    SylviaCherie Posts: 89 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My hubby is Haitian however he got the shot before going to Senegal for business and he was fine. He works out daily.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    The medical professional giving the vaccinations should be able to tell you if you are able to work out afterwards or not. Definitely don't 'baby' the site too much, but don't overdo anything, either.

Also--the immunizations will zap your energy way less than, say, actually getting malaria...
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Malaria vaccine?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Malaria vaccine?

Not sure why you are confused about the vaccine...