Gaining weight after breastfeeding :(

Options
Technically I'm still breastfeeding but it's been cut down a bunch, and just like that I gained 10 lbs! I'm scared that when I stop completely I'll blow up! For awhile breastfeeding got me down to 130, now I'm 140. It was nice being thin and fit, now I have pudge in all the wrong areas and my comfidence has taken a huge hit. Attempting to eat better but it's after dinner that gets me. I'm always still so so hungry and I end up eating the most random stuff, then of course feel horrible after. Just looking for some motivation here. I work full time, my now one year old still gets up several times a night, and I try to be as active as possible but some nights I'm just so wiped out I feel lazy and gross but I NEED to do this. Props to the parents that have more than one kid! Husband works nights so I put the baby down and get up with him in the AM, gym doesn't have daycare past noon or on sundays so I can only go on Saturday's. Blehhhhhhhhh

Replies

• lnd0718
    lnd0718 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself during this time. Man your body changes so much in that first year after delivery. And, really into the first 18 months. Do what you can find ways to manage the stress. I used to stuff my face with candy after baby bed time alone. It is freaking exhausting. Instead maybe do some yoga after bedtime to decompress before your own bedtime.