Anyone have any tips ?

Options
I recently started the gym and my fitness pal. I feel better than ever but , I'm not sure I'm doing this right or if I need change something. I eat my calories, cardio for 20 mins and strength train 20 mins. Is good or should i4be doing more,

Replies

• DrizztGirl82
    DrizztGirl82 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to lose weight just make sure you eat less calories than you burn. If you follow this you will be great. Of course, eating healthy foods helps too, but really it is all down to calories. And welcome!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Be honest with your diary. Be patient with your weight. Be humble with your attitude.
  • monstar4kc
    monstar4kc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Like the above poster said, if you are trying to lose weight, just make sure that you are eating less calories than you burn. If you are not losing weight following MFP's calculations, stop eating back your exercise calories. If you feel that you have to and still feel famished, try eating a small percentage of it.
  • Lindsey_Ross
    Lindsey_Ross Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    As many have said to eat less than you burn.. Also remember not to under eat. It doesn't work out.
    Just log everything honestly. You may need to buy a little home scale if you aren't having luck.

Pay attention to your macros, the break down of how much protein/carbs/fat you're eating. Don't be scared of healthy fats like avocados.

A lot of people end up getting their best results when they start heavy weight training. There is another website bodybuilding dot com that can show you how to do different exercises if you want to click on a certain muscle and see the top workouts for that. Sometimes I download those to my phone and watch it again before I try it.

There's also lots of videos on youtube that will give you some fun workout routines to try at the gym! I love one girl called hunnybunsfit. She's upbeat and always has a good mix of stuff.

Another thing to try is to avoid eating late in the day. Not just for weight loss but also it's really good to give your digestive system a break. I find this the biggest game changer in dropping lbs personally.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!