Lifestyle activity level? What to choose, light, moderate, h

Options
I want to know if I choose my lifestyle activity level correctly. I choose light.

I work out for an hour a day: 20-25 mins circuit training and 40 mins cardio TJ

For the rest of the day I don't move around too too much.

Replies

• amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I'd also like to know the answer. I set mine to sedentary because I don't have a job, other than being a wife & mom of 3. But, I add each exercise that I do, including cleaning house.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right. If you choose to include your exercise as part of your daily activity level then you can increase your level BUT I would not add your exercise into your diary, as this would give you double cals to eat. If you do not include it in your activity level, select light, and add your exercise into the diary so that you can eat those cals back.
  • cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this, too, so I played around with it and there is a less than 500 calorie difference for "calories burned from normal daily activity" for me (5'6 female) between if I put "sedentary" and "highly active" lifestyle. Furthermore, since I don't have SO much to lose, even though I put that I want to lose 2 pounds per week, the maximum it will let me lose with a sedentary lifestyle is 1.4 pounds per week because they never want you to go under 1,200 calories (which is healthy) so even if I said I was a "highly active" lifestyle and still said I wanted to lose 2 pounds per week, they only gave me like an extra 150 calories per day if I didn't exercise. So all I'm saying is that unless you have a lot to lose, the difference between "light" and "active" won't really do a lot except give you maybe an extra 50 calories per day.
  • rainbowbrite1979
    Options
    Hi! Personally, I put sedentary because I spend a lot of time at a desk, etc. If I exercise, I log it in. This has worked well for me so far. Good luck!