Need to get back on track

Options
In February I started to try to lose weight. I was 5'8", 29yr, 168pd. I was especially making an effort to not hit the 170's. I had a lot of motivation - as summer was approaching, I am turning 30, and graduating grad school. I did better than I have ever done in the past and dropped 8pd in 6wk. I was following a 1200cal diet, and exercising. But then I got really busy at work and my schedule changed - and I got off track. I have gained back a couple of those pounds, and I'm discouraged that I didn't stick with it. I am paying for a gym membership that I haven't used in a while, and telling myself I will get back on track, but I'm lacking motivation. Any tips to get my spirits up?

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Just start.

Go to the gym.

Start tracking foods- you don't even need to lower your calories. But by tracking you can see what you are eating and changes you can make. The goal is to make the change not as overwhelming so our don't want to quit
  • BurlzGettingFit
    BurlzGettingFit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    BHDS421 wrote: »
    In February I started to try to lose weight. I was 5'8", 29yr, 168pd. I was especially making an effort to not hit the 170's. I had a lot of motivation - as summer was approaching, I am turning 30, and graduating grad school. I did better than I have ever done in the past and dropped 8pd in 6wk. I was following a 1200cal diet, and exercising. But then I got really busy at work and my schedule changed - and I got off track. I have gained back a couple of those pounds, and I'm discouraged that I didn't stick with it. I am paying for a gym membership that I haven't used in a while, and telling myself I will get back on track, but I'm lacking motivation. Any tips to get my spirits up?

WOO HOO HELLOOOO DIRTY 30!! Yay!! :p:*

Just start off slow and get used to going again! Your motivation can be that your 30s are the new 20s!! (Or so I've been told!) I just turned 31 and 30 was pretty *kitten* awesome and that has motivated me more than ever to keep myself healthy and fit as I've heard it just gets harder and harder the older you are to keep starting over and picking up the pieces so do it now while you're young!! You can do it!! :smile:
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I went off the track for a year because I felt embarrassed in a way. I can't do the slow change into tracking and weight loss, I just have to go for it. I feel like I'm trying when I'm doing my exercises and calorie countinh. My suggestion, know that the gym people do not care whether you go or not, do it for you. Slowly increase the number of days you go per week (re-introduce yourself). For example, I go around 5 days a week, I took a 3-4 week break to move out recently. My first two weeks I did 3 days a week, 3rd week 4 days, etc. It's okay to fall off the wagon at first during the weekends when you get back into calorie counting. Just keep going the next day and you'll eventually find your way back to where you were before life happened.