Very new and would love some friends!

Options
carriea67
carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
Hi All!

I am Carrie....and am finally realizing that it's a life style change after trying a lot of different diets out there. My goals are to get healthy and run a 5K without stopping. And I would love to lose about 10 pounds....

Any tips on sticking with it? I am a great "starter" but fall off the band wagon at some point.

Thanks!

Replies

• fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Carrie! Welcome to MFP! This is a great site - I've been on it almost a month and have made some great friends! I also started the C25K running program and am loving it so far! Lots of great motivation and support here!

Please feel free to friend me and good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    Hi Carrie!

Welcome to MFP! We are all here to support you and help you reach your goals. The biggest advice I can give you is to log your calories everyday until it becomes a habit, and get involved in the community section of this site. Just reading some of the inspirational stories some of these folks have is incredible!

Cheers,
    Jared
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard, carrie..lots of like minded people here and the nicest folks you will ever meet, and very knowledgable with it, too :-)

congratulations on making the first step to an awesome new way of living!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi Carrie and welcome :)

You say you'd like to run a 5K, have you heard of the Couch to 5K program? (C25K) It gradually builds up your endurance. I'm starting next week but have never done any running in my adult life lol.

Good luck and feel free to add me :) This website is great for motivating you to stick at it.
  • kezell83
    kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi Carrie..I am the same, I usually get so far and then quit before I reach my goal! I am NOT doing that this time. Feel free to add me, maybe we can finish this once and for all!!! Good Luck!
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Oh the C25k program....love it!!! I have done it in the past and it truly does work! I just need to start it again and follow it thru (see the whole finishing thing).

Thanks for the welcome guys! And the tips...I am going to stick with it.

I haven't downloaded teh mobile app yet...do you find that helpful?
  • ponceclaudia
    ponceclaudia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi my name is claudia chacon-ponce i started to try to eat healthy for the obvious reason to lose weight but also for more energy, I am barely going on three weeks :smile:
  • jackswall
    jackswall Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Having a goal like a 5K is a great inspiration. Find a local one in a few months and sign up now! Follow one of the C25K programs everyone suggests and you'll ace it :-)

Jared is right- keep logging those calories no matter how you do. One of my MFP friends also reminded me to log all your activities no matter how small. I wear a pedometer too and that also keeps me inspired. You've made the first step already!

Feel free to add me as a friend, I only started a week ago too. Good luck!

Jackie
  • jernigan51
    jernigan51 Posts: 92
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been on for about 2 months and LOVE it! I've made the lifestyle changes that have me feeling better physically and mentally, and I just started the C25K training yesterday! Good luck in life changes and feel free to add me!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This site makes it easy to start what you finish! Please feel free to add me if you would like!