do you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes because I do a lot better with a solid routine! I have coffee at 6-6:30am. eat breakfast between 7-8am. Lunch 12-1pm dinner 5-6pm and nightly dark chocolate. A small snack as needed between meals
  • BurlzGettingFit
    BurlzGettingFit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have to. I am absolutely ravenous the second I wake up. Like, I am so starving that i feel sick. I don't eat anything after dinner at all. I eat the same thing every day - Cheerios, banana, skim milk and a hardboiled egg.

I happen to feel like that if I ate late/close to bedtime.

Me too! I've found that if I eat late or close to before I go to bed I wake up super hungry the next day!
  • BurlzGettingFit
    BurlzGettingFit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast but not until 4-5 hours after I'm awake. I'm up at 5, at work by 7, and usually have greek yogurt and a hard boiled egg anywhere between 9 am and 10 am.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Are you an every day breakfast eater? Just some days? Never eat breakfast? I used to never want breakfast but once I hit 40 years old I eat breakfast about 5 days per week.

That's interesting. I never cared about breakfast until my mid to late 30s and then I increasingly became a morning person and started enjoying breakfast. Now I get up early without an alarm and like a good breakfast. I think I'd be fine skipping it if that became my habit, but I enjoy it.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Is Coffee breakfast?
  • kincharles
    kincharles Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of coffee when I get up at ~4/430 then a protein shake and a small snack when I get to work. That is the closest thing I have had to a breakfast since I was in the service.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast when I'm hungry. Some days I wake up starving at 5am (those days I ALWAYS go over), some days I sleep longer and will be fine until 8am, some days I'm up at 5am and not hungry until 9... Sometimes I'm not hungry as much as feeling weak and light headed until I eat something (those days are hard too because then I just don't feel like savory food at all, and sweet breakfast always end up more calories).

I pretty much always end up eating something by 10am though.
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Every morning as soon as I get out of bed I down a 12oz home made meal replacement shake (using water) made out of 2 servings of vanilla flavored brown rice protein, ¼ cup freshly ground up rolled oats, and a teaspoon of freshly ground up flaxseed. I flavor it with Saigon cinnamon. I don't have any appetite in the morning and getting a solid meal down in the AM is hard for me so this is the option that I chose.
    Shake Nutritional profile:
    26g protein
    26g wholegrain carbs (4.5g fiber, 1g sugar)
    3.1g fat (.4 saturated, 1.4 polyunsaturated, 1.2 monounsaturated)
    225 calories
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast. I don't like breakfast, but I've got to eat it both so I can train and because of low blood sugar. I get up at 3:15 and have breakfast at 4 and am in the gym around 5. If I don't eat, I wipe out during my training session. I'll get dizzy, shaky, and become unable to finish. I'll struggle the rest of the day with energy if I don't have breakfast and then eat regularly all day. It's what works for me. Everybody's body is different.
  • blopmiyers
    blopmiyers Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I always feel really hungry whenever I wake up, I eat down a large meal every morning. Plus, it gives me a nice boost of energy:)
  • surfer68
    surfer68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast....@noon
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    During the work week I do since I'm more active. Weekends I just drink coffee and bank calories for a super tasty dinner with a few light calorie snacks to tide me over. There's really no right or wrong with when you eat. I balance between the two fairly easily.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Almost always. I generally wake up hungry.
    I always have 2 cups of coffee, usually with 30 ml heavy cream or similar, and often two eggs as well, but sometimes I mix things up.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Almost never. I have a snack before bed so I never wake up hungry. I generally don't eat until 11:30/12:30.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    No I fast. I started IF 16:8 last fall but most days I go almost 19 hours. Today 21 hours. Didn't break fast until about 7 pm. Dinner is in the oven now.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I never liked the smell of food in morning , only coffee & if I ate I felt like a weight in my stomach all day but since mfp, I make a fruit/veggie smoothie & I can have that. I started that so I won't be starving by lunch. It's good
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal (I had eggs and a smoothie for dinner)! I wake up hungry and ready to eat. I think part of it too is I'm traumatized from when I was in elementary school and I threw up at school. I went to the school nurse and she asked if I had eaten any breakfast (this was before lunch) and I said no. She said I should eat breakfast and that should fix why I threw up. Ever since then, I rarely, if at all, skip breakfast.

I also get cranky if I skip it or wait too long to eat. It screws up my eating the rest of the day, timing and my choices. I just want to grab whatever carb, fat loaded food I can get my hands on. I never realized it until I was wondering why I was craving unhealthy, high calorie foods.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Eggs & bacon nearly every day since going keto
  • Healthyhenk
    Healthyhenk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I never had breakfast but since a couple of weeks I do. Just some bread with meat or eggs.
    And I used to eat white bread but I changed it brown bread.