Diagnosed with PCOS and Trying to Better Myself

Options
Hi! My name is Angel and I'm 21. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS which is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I've been overweight my entire life and my doctor told me this is why. I'm on medication and really trying to be healthy. I'm prediabetic and trying to get out of that category. Here for encouragement! Thank you everyone

Replies

• knforsyth88
    knforsyth88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me. I will support you. I need to lose 100lbs. 6lbs down already..unless my scale is lying to me. Lol
  • gsanders1367
    gsanders1367 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Don't let your circumstances dictate to you. Be strong and show yourself that you can conquer anything.
  • belleburt05
    belleburt05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm on this journey as well because I have been diagnosed with PCOS. Would love to
    Connect and share :)
  • hazelfisher94
    hazelfisher94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I also have PCOS, was diagnosed 7 years ago and have been struggling for years. Finally on track and after 10 months I have lost 36lbs, slowly but surely! You can do it :smile: Feel free to add me for support - same goes for everyone!
  • tiffany1185
    tiffany1185 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me i also have pcos diagnosed for about 4 years now and i am having so much trouble trying to take this weight off. Would love to have the support from other ladies with pcos
  • DreamerOfDreams22
    DreamerOfDreams22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and was diagnosed with PCOD recently - which is PCOS but with confirmed (current) cysts on my ovaries. I have been overweight forever too, and now that I have answers why and help, i'm working really hard to better myself. My diet has never been "bad", and I don't over-eat or do junk food. It was just ....normal. Of course, for us with PCOS/PCOD "normal" doesn't work. Feel free to add me, and I'll send everyone a request if that's ok! Accountability and encouragement helps do wonders! I have lost 7lbs so far...I need to lose about 180 at least.
  • tinkerpan2006
    tinkerpan2006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed about 10-11 years ago having PCOS after we miscarried our baby. Between depression and other things, the weight just piled on. I'm at 266 pounds now. The biggest I've ever been and intend to be. I am determined to get this weight off!
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have PCOS as well.
  • Cjmillan20
    Cjmillan20 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Another PCOS friend here! Diagnosed 4-5 years ago. I too struggle with gaining and losing the weight. Finding it harder as I get older. Determined not to give up. WE can do this!!
  • brittany_hickey87
    brittany_hickey87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation! Trying to lose 60 lbs. Would love to connect and support one another!
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. Feel free to add me, anyone. I have struggled desperately to become more fit, and I've lost 61 lbs with 39 more to go. It is NOT easy, but it is so worth it. My life has changed and my PCOS symptoms have gotten much better as a result of all the changes I've made. I'm happy to support any of you!
  • lflfki
    lflfki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. Im sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I also have pcos and have had it for 13 yrs now and it brought a lovely 90lbs gain in that time. Ive been on a ketogenic diet plan for 3 weeks and have lost 14 lbs already. This plan is almost perfect becuz of our insulin resistance.