Restart this thing called healthy!!

Options
Hi there, I've been on a journey to lose weight for a long time... a very long time... I have 30lvs to go and I'm doing Keto. Anyone wishing to chat and have friendly encouragement add me as a friend, hold me accountable!!!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Best of success @powerashley91 Finally at the age of 63 Oct 2014 after 40 years I cut out sugar and all forms of grains in my case keeping total carbs just <50 grams daily which = Keto. Before that I had lost 30 pounds just going hungry and fighting cravings. On Keto the cravings went away after a few weeks and have not returned as of May 2017. I am still learning how to do Keto better for me.

Thankfully it has been a life saving move in my case. Stopping dieting to lose weight but just to gain better health is working out for me plus I have lost weight just watching my carb count.

Different WOE's work for different people. Two weeks ago I got like a fasting blood glucose level of 88 like for the first time I can remember it being < at range of 102-108. A1c came in at 5.1 which was a record low for me.
  • ISparkyI
    ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Doing Keto also and finding it easier everyday. What I am learning is the fact I am able to still eat well, without starving myself. Honestly I've tried various diets etc, and this one makes me feel more free. You can definitely add. Thanks.
  • itsmyhealth
    itsmyhealth Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of good things about Keto... I've been thinking about trying it for a while now. Any advice for just starting out? I'm gluten free (allergic) so I think the transition will be a little less shocking for me than others.