Water weight

Options
mehreen_xo
mehreen_xo Posts: 78 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I gained 3 pounds of water weight in one day since I ate 500 more calories than usual yesterday as we went out. How long will it take to lose this? And if I stick to my deficit will I still burn fat as well as get rid of the water weight? Thank you

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It varies from person to person, but should be gone in a couple of days. And yes, if you stick to your deficit you will continue to burn fat. Essentially, you ate at maintenance yesterday, so your weight loss for the week may be a smidge lower than it would have been otherwise, but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter :).
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Oh and good on you for realising this is water weight and nothing to freak out about :)
  • mehreen_xo
    mehreen_xo Posts: 78 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    It varies from person to person, but should be gone in a couple of days. And yes, if you stick to your deficit you will continue to burn fat. Essentially, you ate at maintenance yesterday, so your weight loss for the week may be a smidge lower than it would have been otherwise, but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter :).
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Oh and good on you for realising this is water weight and nothing to freak out about :)

Ahhh okay thank you makes sense! Yeah I guess it doesn't really matter overall :) and haha yeah I know that I can't gain 3lbs in one day i'd need to eat wayyyyy too much for that... but when I was new to all this I did think it was possible hahaha! Thank you for your responses!!