Tea Brands

Options
everstrong55
everstrong55 Posts: 56 Member
I am a fan of tea (teabags for convenience sake ...)...any good recommeded Instant tea brand besides the usual Lipton.... noticed that most of the teas contact many ingredients/chemicals, flavouring...etc..

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Everything/everyone's derived of, chemicals including; us! My favorite's Celestial Seasoning Honey Vanilla Chamomile!
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Any organic or homegrown herbal tea?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    My local grocery (Kroger) has many varieties of organic tea, herbal teas or actual tea (from tea leaves).

I drink hot tea every day but I'm pretty simple and consistent in variety. I dislike fruit teas, but I love spice in my tea. I use a large mug so I put one bag of either plain or chai green or black tea (whatever brand is on sale) and one bag of Celestial Seasoning Bengal Spice. Sometimes before bed I'll have a cup of chamomile tea, often mixed with Bengal Spice.

For cold tea I usually use black tea, sometimes mixed with Earl Grey.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Twinings, Bigelow, etc......I just do the grocery store variety.

Celestial Seasonings Rooibos Madagascar Vanilla ingredient list: Rooibos, natural vanilla flavor, and vanilla bean.

Twinings Winter Spice ingredient list: Chamomile, natural apple flavor with other natural flavors, cinnamon, cardamom, clove.

......chemicals? I don't see anything scary above.
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I've ever had instant teas, but tea bags or loose leaf teas are really quick to prepare. I like Twinings, Tazo, Republic of Tea, Teavana (though not so much lately), and Celestial Seasonings for herbal teas etc.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am no tea expert but I get my teas from Tea Republic *corrected* Republic of Tea. Very happy with the selection and quality. Worth looking up. I do their green tea a lot.

I LOVE Sleepy Time Extra tea from Celestial Seasonings
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I am no tea expert but I get my teas from Tea Republic *corrected* Republic of Tea. Very happy with the selection and quality. Worth looking up. I do their green tea a lot.

I LOVE Sleepy Time Extra tea from Celestial Seasonings

I do too! Good stuff!
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    joy's teaspoon is good... but thanks for the tip on republic of tea... i just ordered their 'organinic assam breakfast black full leaf', '2017 Organic First Flush Darjeeling Black Full-Leaf', 'British Breakfast Black Full-Leaf' and 'Milk Oolong Full-Leaf'. we were running low on tea
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    My favourite tea is tetley's vanilla earl grey. Soooooo good. I also like their lemon green tea, and their redbush vanilla. I also have a wide variety of flavoured loose leaf teas bought online and from independent shops where I live.
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Favorite brand of regular tea is Twining's, but I also shop for other flavored teas at Teavana and Republic of Tea.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of Bigelow, Twinings, and Celestial Seasonings in my pantry. My favorites are the Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice and the Sleepy Time/Sleepy Time Extra, and Twinings Lady Grey.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I love dipping tea bags over and over again
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Generation Tea's Yunnan Pu-ehr tea. A double fermented (extra rotten) tea that is soooo good! It's a coffee drinker's tea. I call it dirt tea because it smells and tastes like dirt. But the BEST dirt! <3
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »

*holds bar of soap to your mouth* Open up. You know you deserve it
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »

*holds bar of soap to your mouth* Open up. You know you deserve it

Stop trying to seduce me
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    For herbal and green tea I like Yogi Tea and for black tea I like Bigelow Constant Comment. Have quite a few varieties of Bigelow at the moment including peppermint and chamomile, and some Yogi ginger tea, green tea, and bedtime blend. I also have some fancy Thai tea from a local tea shop I just discovered -- way too expensive to drink regularly, though, and not sold in bags. Delicious.
  • everstrong55
    Options
    Generation Tea's Yunnan Pu-ehr tea. A double fermented (extra rotten) tea that is soooo good! It's a coffee drinker's tea. I call it dirt tea because it smells and tastes like dirt. But the BEST dirt! <3

Wow, dirt? my friend told me Pu-ehr tea has unusual tea flavor.
  • everstrong55
    edited May 2017
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I have a bunch of Bigelow, Twinings, and Celestial Seasonings in my pantry. My favorites are the Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice and the Sleepy Time/Sleepy Time Extra, and Twinings Lady Grey.

Sleepy Time Extra has been mentioned for three times, and it must be a good one.
  • everstrong55
    Options
    For herbal and green tea I like Yogi Tea and for black tea I like Bigelow Constant Comment. Have quite a few varieties of Bigelow at the moment including peppermint and chamomile, and some Yogi ginger tea, green tea, and bedtime blend. I also have some fancy Thai tea from a local tea shop I just discovered -- way too expensive to drink regularly, though, and not sold in bags. Delicious.

Sometimes we can enjoy some expensive things, they're quite different from the common ones.