Traveler looking for tips

Options
Hey everyone.
I'm on the road constantly traveling the US for work, any tips on eating healthy when sometimes fast food is the only option?

Replies

• floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I travel a lot. I stick to chain restaurants and gas stations that I've done research on and know i can find something healthy at. For instance, airports and trucker gas stations (loves, pilot) typically have hard boiled eggs, bananas, jerky, and nuts for low carb breakfast or snack. Dinners and lunches i try to stick to something like panera, chipotle, outback, subway, or others and stick to salads or meat and veg. A last resort would be a salad or sandwich without bread (no fries) at mcdonalds or wendys. Sometimes i actually eat better on the road. Good luck!
  • 19MOZEZ84
    19MOZEZ84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Excellent, great advice. Thanks.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    places like wawa, and the gas stations that have the full service food options are my go-to when traveling
  • 19MOZEZ84
    Options
    Never thought about gas stations. Both of your comments are very helpful. Thank you.
  • HenriSuccess
    HenriSuccess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm always travelling and a veggie so it's a challenge! Nando's quinoa salad is my go to.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Often times there is a grocery store behind fast food places. In the same amount of time it takes to sit in the drive-through, sometimes I run into the grocery store, pick a side (the deli and produce are always on the side of the store), and grab some fruit, packaged deli thing-sushi, wrap, salad, etc. and an iced tea. It helps if you can get something fun, too, because when you are in the parking lot the fast food always looks more appealing.
  • 19MOZEZ84
    Options
    And I'm pretty sure they pump artificial smells out to attract us all lol