do you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    When I am home I do. Sort of. I drink a Combat shake before my morning swim Monday through Saturday.
    Eggs with Neese's sausage and a bunch of onions, peppers, and wicked hot peppers.
  • kezy73
    kezy73 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Every day mind you I never used to
    But it's a great way to kick start you're metabolism
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    kezy73 wrote: »
    Every day mind you I never used to
    But it's a great way to kick start you're metabolism

It does nothing for your metabolism.
  • ankachinu
    ankachinu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I always eat after 2 to 3 hours of waking up. But as my sleeping sheadule is never fixed my breakfast timing keeps changing, though It's never later then 11am.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Everyday. Usually one to two hours after I get up.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast. If I'm hungry I eat, but it's very rare that I get hungry before noon.

On days I do eat early I usually feel hungry all day long. I have to struggle not to overeat. I hate that feeling.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I very rarely eat breakfast, except for my coffee in the morning. I've never been hungry first thing in the morning, so it seemed counterproductive to eat food that I wasn't wanting. Instead, my first meal of the day is usually around 1pm. Skipping breakfast then leaves me enough calories for a good lunch and dinner, as well as evening snacks.

It's totally a matter of personal preference and what works best for you. :)
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm on mat leave, but when I'm working I wake up at 6:30, cycle to work, get changed and then eat breakfast around 9am while I check emails. If I eat before I leave I'm still hungry after my ride and end up eating two breakfasts :/
  • crazyycatladyy1
    crazyycatladyy1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Over the past 5ish years I've been doing IF and most days I don't start eating till after 10am (closer to 11am-noon). I'm not usually hungry in the morning and a coffee is enough to get me going. Right now I'm eating earlier though, due to needing to take a prescription for shingles and it's messing my whole day up :p I really prefer my IF eating window and can't wait to get back into it!
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you would call me. I just kind of eat when I am hungry. Some days that is a 9 AM big breakfast, other days I may not eat until lunch or some mornings I may just have something small like a protein bar around 10:30 or 11:00.

I am usually not very hungry in the mornings and I try to not eat until I feel like I need to. I have found it has helped me to not give myself strict meal times or guidelines.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I usually eat my breakfast between 12:00 and 1:00... just coffee/tea before that.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    yes - I workout in the mornings so about an hour or so later I am very hungry. I do try to spread the calories out over several hours though as opposed to 1 big meal. Usually start with a latte made with coconut oil and protein powder, then some berries, and then a yogurt with crunchies. I usually try for a large cup of water in between each item and don't have them with me at my desk - only way I get steps between 8-5!
  • TheChaoticBuffalo
    TheChaoticBuffalo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Container of Greek yogurt and a glass of whole milk before my workout and a hard-boiled egg after.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast on weekdays. On the weekends I usually just have coffee.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Monday through Friday, always. Saturday and Sunday depend no what time I get up and what is going on.
  • Mutrib10
    Mutrib10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Because all my classes are in the evening, I don't have a breakfast!! I have only two meals with snacks! I know breakfast is important but I'm not an early person ((( need help with that
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I now eat every morning... I was never a breakfast eating kinda of girl, never really hungry in the morning, unless it was at 11am after a night with friends. ;) when I started this lifestyle change I was working with a nutritionist who gave me a meal plan to follow and it had me eating breakfast every morning. Now I find my self waking up hungry. I drink a bottle of water on my drive in to work and eat breakfast at my desk every morning by 7:45am. The weekends are usually a bit later but still get that breakfast in. Keeps me from grazing throughout the day and gives me energy. It's a personal preference, we all have different needs/wants on this journey.
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I do 90% of the time, but every once in a while I'm just not hungry when I wake up and only feel like a coffee. Also, on the days I sleep in (hubby and I trade off on weekends and getting up early with our 2 year old) I don't normally eat breakfast and just have a coffee until lunch time.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yes of course, love food and always looking forward to my next meal.
  • cannedhoney
    cannedhoney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends on how I feel once I wake up! I'm trying to push myself to not eat so early nowadays though (aiming for noon) because I find it easier to not eat in the morning than to limit myself at night.