I failed. I am back. I need help (and friends)

Options
I am back. I failed miserably. I gave up. I said, to heck with it, Ill just be fat. If I stay fat, I will die. Diabetes is huge (pun intended) in my family. My grandfather was a healthy weight and he died from it. I am only 44, I have too much living, and too much spirit to let myself become the fat lady sitting in her recliner watching tv all the time.

I am going to transform my life. I am making a lot of changes. The weight is just ONE of them (tho it will be the hardest). I can't do this alone. I am going to blog this, pictures and all (god I hate pictures. SO much)

I need friends who will be my encouragement, my support, and when necessary, my drill sergeant. I can do the same in return if you need me to. So, if you think you fit the bill, please add me.

Replies

• feathernaut
    feathernaut Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You've got this :)
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm w/ you, Grace. I first started MFP in 2009/2010...didn't stick. So now I'm back and MFP isn't the only tool I'm using to practice good self-care and make my health and well-being my top priority. It's a learning process so I know it's not going to be perfect and I'm going to "screw up", but I'm not giving up. I can't give up.

Feel free to add me and I would love to help support you!
  • HazyEyes93
    HazyEyes93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I, too, have lived in a state of constant failure. Here's to making real, sustainable change. We got this.
  • jennifer4212
    jennifer4212 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You haven't failed if you are still trying. Just start over. If you fall off the wagon, get back on. Just keep starting over.
  • jessiegunnes
    jessiegunnes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do this...we all can....feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • graydreams
    graydreams Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    you're very brave :)
  • Iwilldo198
    Iwilldo198 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm with you I lost 20 pounds 13 pounds body fat now I feel like I'm starting over. Add me if you want to. We got this
  • dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again also, you can add me :)
  • nedaraha
    nedaraha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hear you, feel free to add me too.
  • Fathauer
    Fathauer Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am also starting again. Just diagnosed with diabetes so the need to lose is real! Please add me. I need motivation also!!!!!
  • purpleychick
    purpleychick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I think she deleted her profile. If you come back, feel free to add me. I'll be your cheerleader!
  • CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Started again yesterday. I could use some friends that understand and accept me as I am, a person scared of getting diabetes if I don't change my game. Add me as a friend if you would like. I am trying to lose 50lbs.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Friends for a few days and now she is gone totally. Interesting.
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I quit smoking, lost a job, got a job and went through bouts of depression/anxiety over the last year. Through it all gained at least 15 lbs. and that was on top of already needing to lose 90 lbs. So here I am starting over (yesterday) at my highest weight since I was 41 weeks pregnant with my daughter over 9 years ago. You got this! ;) We got this!
  • hermajestee
    hermajestee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You haven't failed if you're here trying. You just haven't succeeded completely yet. Look for the little victories every day. You say you're making HUGE changes - but that is so daunting! Set yourself up by doing one day at a time. Set small achievable goals so you can create a pattern of success, which will make it easier to continue. I have the same struggles & have felt the shame of 'failure'. But until you give up completely, you're still on your journey and there is no failure in that!
  • boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hey, also starting over from scratch (plus 11lbs). About 2 years ago I started from 236lbs and got myself down to about 180lb. Then I started plateauing and then I lost my dog of almost 12 years last March and I started comfort eating again and got myself up to 245lbs. I started back on track a few days ago and weighed in this morning at 236.6lbs, just over what I started last time, but I'm gonna stick this time.

Best of luck!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I guess it was a new name!
  • jeannie39
    jeannie39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter that you failed. The important thing is to remember is you got back up! You can do this!! I started the journey and fell off too but i'm back. I need new motivation and support and friends also. I am going to add my pic sometime today. add me myfitnesspal family.
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Im glad you came back! Its a process...Life happens. Everyone needs support and motivation at one point or another. Fell free to add me:)