High caloric meals

hello im trying to gain mass and im looking for high caloric meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner

any piece of advice in well aprecciated

Replies

• anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Eat more of what you already eat, add butter/olive oil to everything, peanut butter is your friend, and eat dessert.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Ice cream pop tart sandwiches, of course.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    I stock up on Costco muffins/bagels and pre-packaged waffles (320ish each) and use things like real maple syrup. My bf likes to keep fats relatively lowish on a bulk so I try and get him calorie dense carbs like those I listed. The muffins and waffles aren't exactly low fat but they're good for his macros.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

With a peanut butter chaser?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member

With a peanut butter chaser?

Silly question. :p
  • tomwasilj3w
    tomwasilj3w Posts: 186 Member
    I ate a lot of McDonald's when I was bulking. Chicken wraps, mcdoubles

Dirty bulking. Oh how you'll have wish you have had gone with the lean bulk.

This video is a great example of bulking with a more lean meal plan in mind.

https://youtu.be/PFn-6AYtV3M

It's how the world strongest man eats 20,000 calories a day.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    My 20 mile breakfast
    10oz ribeye
    6eggs
    6 bacon
    Home fries
    Biscuit
    3 pancakes

Now go run 20 miles
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I ate a lot of McDonald's when I was bulking. Chicken wraps, mcdoubles

Dirty bulking. Oh how you'll have wish you have had gone with the lean bulk.

This video is a great example of bulking with a more lean meal plan in mind.

https://youtu.be/PFn-6AYtV3M

It's how the world strongest man eats 20,000 calories a day.

Lean bulking has to do with the size of the surplus, not the type of calories. That's not to say nutrition and macros aren't important for muscle building, but getting your calories from McDonalds will not make you gain more fat.

I had Ben & Jerry's pretty much every night on my bulk. No rAgrets. ;)
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    edited May 2017
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Lean bulking has to do with the size of the surplus, not the type of calories. That's not to say nutrition and macros aren't important for muscle building, but getting your calories from McDonalds will not make you gain more fat.

Untrue. Muscle needs protein to fuel growth. If your calories are coming in large part from high sugar soda pop and refills, along with high fat french fries and high sugar desserts, you may not be getting enough protein to fuel your muscle growth in which case, most of your gains could be from fat. 1500 calories of Big Mac, Fries, Coke and apple pie only yields about 30 grams of protein. You'll have to be keeping a very close eye on your macros and/or be very careful with your food selection if you want to bulk up with McDonalds as a large source of your calories.

On topic, the easiest and often the cheapest way to increase calories is by upping fat consumption. A handful of nuts and seeds here and there easily adds hundreds of calories. Sunflower seeds, for example, are particularly cheap around here and 570 calories/100grams. Look at the high fat options for foods like salad dressing and yogurt etc.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

Untrue. Muscle needs protein to fuel growth. If your calories are coming in large part from high sugar soda pop and refills, along with high fat french fries and high sugar desserts, you may not be getting enough protein to fuel your muscle growth in which case, most of your gains could be from fat. 1500 calories of Big Mac, Fries, Coke and apple pie only yields about 30 grams of protein. You'll have to be keeping a very close eye on your macros and/or be very careful with your food selection if you want to bulk up with McDonalds as a large source of your calories.

On topic, the easiest and often the cheapest way to increase calories is by upping fat consumption. A handful of nuts and seeds here and there easily adds hundreds of calories. Sunflower seeds, for example, are particularly cheap around here and 570 calories/100grams. Look at the high fat options for foods like salad dressing and yogurt etc.

Did you miss the part where I said "that's not to say nutrition and macros aren't important" because yes, I agree they are. I am definitely not promoting getting 100% of your daily calories from McDonalds or soda pop. But when you are bulking, there is nothing wrong with including it in your diet. I had their breakfasts all the time.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Coconut milk if you're not scared of high fat...700 plus calories a can, swig a can in seconds, tastes incredible, add it to all sorts of dishes...even freeze it for ice lollies.