one cheat day a week - no good for me!

Options
This is the 2nd week I have tried to do the cheat day for just 1 day out of the week. Last week it was Sunday & this week a Saturday. Because of the fact that it was my ONLY day of the week to eat whatever I wanted, I totally overdid it! Ate way too much! The next day that mentality was hard to break & I ended up doing it again! And it was Sunday which made it harder. I gained all my weight back that I had lost in a week and a half! Man do I feel fat & gross today. And I want sugar now bad and am about to eat some but I really don't want to go down that path again. They had cake at work today & I almost had some. Thank god I didn't. So no more cheat days for me. Maybe I will try to have 1 cheat meal a week & that's it.

Replies

• jreeves1
    Options
    This is the 2nd week I have tried to do the cheat day for just 1 day out of the week. Last week it was Sunday & this week a Saturday. Because of the fact that it was my ONLY day of the week to eat whatever I wanted, I totally overdid it! Ate way too much! The next day that mentality was hard to break & I ended up doing it again! And it was Sunday which made it harder. I gained all my weight back that I had lost in a week and a half! Man do I feel fat & gross today. And I want sugar now bad and am about to eat some but I really don't want to go down that path again. They had cake at work today & I almost had some. Thank god I didn't. So no more cheat days for me. Maybe I will try to have 1 cheat meal a week & that's it.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I think cheat days are still supposed to be within reason. You can't just eat like 4,000 calories and not expect any consequences.

I think cheat days are the days where maybe you want some pancakes today or you deserve that piece of cake, or have chocolate bar....or like a couple of glasses of wine, etc.

I don't think cheat days should be a forget everything you know and eat everything you couldn't before kind of day.
  • theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    reeves, i am right there with you!

i'll have one cheat snack on one cheat day once a week.

but that snack turns into a meal and that meal to a three day massacre!

ive cut out cheat days/meals because i really cant have just one. im incredibly compulsive.

instead ive opted to eating low cal healthy choice food i really like at every meal.

this stops me from eating three extreme snickers bars cause im sick of all my food tasting like paper and ice chips.

its about finding what works for you. gum works too.
  • jreeves1
    Options
    reeves, i am right there with you!

i'll have one cheat snack on one cheat day once a week.

but that snack turns into a meal and that meal to a three day massacre!

ive cut out cheat days/meals because i really cant have just one. im incredibly compulsive.

instead ive opted to eating low cal healthy choice food i really like at every meal.

this stops me from eating three extreme snickers bars cause im sick of all my food tasting like paper and ice chips.

its about finding what works for you. gum works too.

I laughed when I read this because that's exactly how I feel! I'm compulsive as well. And I have done the three extreme snickers except they weren't snickers but close! I had to try really really hard today not to binge on sweets just because of the weekend I had. However, I have started buying stuff from natural food stores and i'm excited about it cause it's sooo good! Butternut squash is delicious. all you have to do is cut it, take the seeds out & bake at 400 in the oven for 30-40 mins & use sea salt. Low cal or healthy natural foods can be really good as well. I just have to get out of the addictive mode. Thanks guys!
  • littlespoon
    Options
    I think cheat days are still supposed to be within reason. You can't just eat like 4,000 calories and not expect any consequences.

I think cheat days are the days where maybe you want some pancakes today or you deserve that piece of cake, or have chocolate bar....or like a couple of glasses of wine, etc.

I don't think cheat days should be a forget everything you know and eat everything you couldn't before kind of day.

I'm with you! I use a cheat day for going out for dinner or lunch, not just eat whatever all day.
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I've been struggling with lately too. I tend to not keep track of what I eat on the weekends and think of them as my "cheat" times, but one thing leads to another and like you said, a three day massacre. I have been yoyoing for the past two weeks and it is because of this.

I am also expecting, how do people say it on this site, a visit from aunt Flo and I tend to use that as an excuse to eat whatever I can get my hands on...:ohwell:

I am going to at least keep a paper journal on the weekends and log in once a day to the computer so that I am accountable for what I'm eating on Sat and Sun. And no more cheat days/weekends. A cheat treat once a week should be enough.
  • jreeves1
    Options
    yep, I learned something about having my cheat day and that's never to make it a whole day like that again. Just a cheat meal. I end up getting way off track. Well we live & learn right? :0)
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I try not to think about cheat meals or snacks. If I someday choose to have something I think I would have it at night because I would not be tempted to fall into the whole, "Well, I already had blah, blah, blah, so I've totally blown it for the day anyway, so why not go ahead and have more." This is the way I think so I know it's a problem for me. Acknowledging my weaknesses so I can make changes is one of the lessons I must learn to be successful.