Sports bras

Options
HealthyAllison27
HealthyAllison27 Posts: 38 Member
Any ladies know where to find supportive sports bras for bigger chests? Im tired of wearing two bras to the gym!

Replies

• HealthyAllison27
    Options
    Inexpensive and supportive? Perfect!!! I'll check it out, thank you! :)
  • HealthyAllison27
    Options
    Depends how large. If you're larger than a DD then I recommend Sweaty Betty Ulta run. Very comfortable and great support for the girls. If you're a DD or smaller than the Under Armour High is awesome. Both are between the $50.00 and $75.00 range. So they come with a price tag but they are the best bras I've worn.

I'm larger than a DD so I'll def check out the Sweaty Betty one. The price is worth it if it works! Thanks for the suggestions :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/sports-bras/knockout-by-victoria-sport-front-close-sport-bra-victoria-sport?ProductID=329589&CatalogueType=OLS

This bra is a bra inside a front close bra. Double coverage without wearing two bras. hands down the best sports bra ever and I have spent a fortune on various bras.

comes in size 32 B - 40 DDD $36.50
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I actually found some awesome ones at TJ Maxx, I got about 7 of them for around $50 so not too bad!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    My kind of topic

Why? Are you looking for support or coverage? Or both?

Are you larger or smaller than a DD?
    wonylay9p6d2.jpg

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I run in my Shock Absorber! Not a very pretty bra...but gets the job done!!
  • HealthyAllison27
    Options
    I run in my Shock Absorber! Not a very pretty bra...but gets the job done!!

With a size F, none of my bras are pretty! Lol thanks for the suggestion :)
  • HealthyAllison27
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/sports-bras/knockout-by-victoria-sport-front-close-sport-bra-victoria-sport?ProductID=329589&CatalogueType=OLS

This bra is a bra inside a front close bra. Double coverage without wearing two bras. hands down the best sports bra ever and I have spent a fortune on various bras.

comes in size 32 B - 40 DDD $36.50

Booooooo, they don't carry my size but I appreciate the suggestion!
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I swear by the Elomi Energise bra. I'm a small band, big cup (larger than DDD) and hard to find good, supportive sports bras. This one has an underwire, and my girls don't move, even when running. I can usually get them on ebay for around $40, but hard to find in stores.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

For bigger chests, I'd recommend the extra investment in a higher quality bra. You'll protect your breast tissue better and there's less adjusting to worry about. Panache has an amazing wireless sports bra that offers great support and full coverage without giving you a uniboob. I got one for $41 on Amazon. I don't run but if I did, this would be the bra to do it in.
  • desireewd
    desireewd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the zip up padded sports bras from Target. Can't say for bigger than D though
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I am a d and the under armour high impact sports bras for running are awesome.
  • HealthyAllison27
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. Much appreciated! :)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I hate sports bras. They all make me look like I have one long horizontal oval boob. I guess looks aren't the main point here but...still.

I just wear an overall supportive bra.

Basic D cup here, neither tiny nor extraordinary.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Panache. I can't say it often enough. I am a runner and I LOVE my Panache sports bras. I love them so much that when I see a runner who looks like they could use a new sports bra, I'm always tempted to talk about Panache (I don't, though). No, they don't pay me to advertise; they don't even know I exist.

The smallest size they make is 28DD. They fasten like a normal bra (no twisting an elastic band over your head!). They aren't compression bras, so you look more or less normal while wearing them--not my priority, but I know others don't like the "squish" effect. There's a hook on the strap that easily converts them from a normal bra to a racerback, which is how I prefer to wear them. You can buy underwire or non-underwire versions (I prefer the underwire).

I have worn these bras throughout my weight loss, and I've gone from a 40DDD to a 32DD. They've been great the whole time. I love them so much that now I buy Panache regular bras too.

They're pricier than a sports bra you might find at Target, but I think they're a heck of a lot better. You can sometimes find a bargain on Amazon if you don't care what color you get. For me, though, a good sports bra is well worth the money.

Gosh, I love these bras.