I need meal planning and weight loss tips!

Options
I have been dieting and working out for what seems forever. I decided to commit to a meal plan that I have been following for 3 months now, along with exercise. I lost 11 pounds so far. I am sure I could of lost more if on the weekends i didn't binge on unhealthy food :/. However my biggest problem is that I am tired of eating the same thing. I eat mostly chicken every day. I make wraps , salads, mix them with veggies. But I am at a point where I need new meal ideas so I WANT to continue to diet.

Can I get some healthy meal ideas ? I usually cook on Sunday's for the work week (Mon-Fri).
Also does anyone have any recommendations for products I can take to have more energy ?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you like... in portions that keep you in a calorie deficit.
  • monstar4kc
    monstar4kc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I get ideas off Google. Google "low calorie meal ideas with chicken" and you'll get a TON of recipes.

Personally I'm ok with eating the same thing every week Monday through Friday; as long as I switch it up the next week. I will do fish recipes one week, chicken recipes the next week and turkey recipes the 3rd week and then rotate. If you don't like fish or turkey and are getting tired of chicken, add some recipes with steak in there.

As for recommendations on supplements, I can only speak for myself and my experience. I've had good luck burning fat and keeping my energy levels up with Vintage Burn by Old School Labs. YMMV.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Variety in meat is useful, I agree. You can work in some pork, even ground beef meals. Even steak, though I don't do much of that because I'm not good at cooking it so it comes out as tasty as I'd hoped! I use browned/crumbled turkey sausage in some dishes.
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like to use ground turkey to make some meals - turkey/black bean/veggie chili; turkey burger patties with baked sweet potato fries; ground turkey and sweet potato hash. Those are some of my favorites.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I used to cook on the weekends...large pots of things like chicken spaghetti, beef stroganoff, vegetarian chili, etc. and then divide it up into meal-size portions and freeze in individual containers. I could take those with me to work for lunch or pull them out for dinner. Just defrost in the microwave and heat like you would a store-bought frozen dinner. You can put all of the ingredients into the recipe tab on this site and then calculate the calories per portion.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    First decide what's healthy, then decide what you want. Then you may need recipes, or maybe not.

A varied diet (lots of different foods - different species, not different spices) will provide you with the range of nutrients you need. This wil most likely make you feel more energized.

I think a diet filled with a variety of foods you like is important for adherence, and adherence for success.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Large pot items can be helpful. Make a pot of chili, potato soup, etc. and have some for a meal that day and freeze the rest in meal-sized portions.

In general, aim for a protein & at least 1-2 veggies per meal. You can add in other items, like starchy sides, as they fit your calories. If you don't use many veggies now try experimenting to add others to your rotation. I do broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts, zucchini in addition to typical salad type foods.
  • iabreu21
    iabreu21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the tips :)
  • dragonfly_66
    dragonfly_66 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have started a blog about these topics (and other things) and thought maybe I could help. I am a regular person that found weight loss confusing and overwhelming. I also have 3 kids and am too busy to hit the gym. I had fantastic results and thought maybe you d be interested. Not trying to seem spammy and I am NOT selling anything etc. Just trying to be a resource for us folks who are looking to get healthier within a budget and busy family life. My site is still new but I also post my food pics on Instagram my handle is @bigtinysteps
    If you need any support Just feel free to contact me. I really want to help others achieve their goals and find community with like minded people :)
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I love cooking (okay not tonight, I'm tired) and finding new recipes. I interviewed at this company Zipongo https://www.zipongo.com/ (I didn't get hired) that has a database of all kind of recipes (weight loss, vegan, gf, etc.) and will help make a shopping list for you. They even have 7 ingredients or less recipes. I've tried a couple so far and enjoyed them and were easy. Take a look and hopefully it will inspire you to plan some new meals :)
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I would try looking up "low calorie" recipes on Pinterest. There's always Cooking Light and Eating Well too. They have good recipes with nutrient information.