30 Day Shred?!

Options
2»

Replies

• kimacduff
    kimacduff Posts: 29
    Options
    JM has the best workouts. There are others who are really good too. But ,I just love JM. I'm doing her newer Kick Boxing DVD. It's only 20 minutes. That works for me right now. I used to workout 2 times a day. I just can't get away from work early enough to do that anymore. If I work out too late I can't get to sleep. I'm too revved up.

Between walking and doing a few others things a day one JM workout is more than enough for me! ):
    I couldn't do two a day. I'd die! Haha.
    I used to do a JM workout in the am & then cardio of some kind- elliptical, walking , bike,etc. in the afternoon. I can't believe I've gotten so far out of shape. I didn't realize how in shape I was then.
  • fragglecomegomibayas
    Options
    Hi, guys! I've just finished day 6 of level 1 of the 30 Day Shred. I'm wondering if it'll help me build up my cardio skills? I'm a vet student and there is lots of walking involved in "field trips" and I don't want to die of exhaustion everytime we go out. I chose 30 Day Shred because it's very doable and it makes me feel a acomplished everytime I finish a workout but, would you recommend any other of her workouts that'll better acomplish what I'm looking for or did I choose the right one? Thanks!!
  • papamon26
    papamon26 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love this 30 day shred!! I have done it in the past and I'm going to get back on it this week. I lost 18 lbs in 2 months the last time I was doing the program but that was an extreme 2 months of hardcore dieting and exercise. I worked out 6 days a week during that time alternating between 20 min JM, 1.5 hr of tennis, and sprinting/running the straights on the track and walking the corners for 3 miles. Once my body was getting used to all the workouts I started to do two of these exercises in one day once a week. Luckily I had a great workout partner and it came easy to us. My previous workout routine is not something I'd recommend but it did work for me and my friend. That was about 2 years ago and since then I have lost a lot muscles and gained 8 lbs of fat back. I just started exercising 2-3 days a week about a month ago and dropped about 3 lbs so far. I'm going to try to pick it up a notch and incorporate JM 30 day shred with my workouts again. I'm going to start exercising 4-5 days a week alternating between JM, 2-3 miles on the track, and strength training in the gym. I'm hoping to drop 10 lbs by the end of July!! Bottom line I do find that JM 30 day shred really helps tone my body in a short period more than any other workouts I've tried that I actually like. I also hear her ab workouts are awesome!
  • Brandi43452
    Options
    I just started using MFP today but I'm on day 9 of level one of the 30 day shred. I need some inspiration. I gained a large amount of weight in a short period of time (roughly 20 pounds in a little over a month) due to stress and over eating sweets and other empty calories. My sisters wedding is at the end of September and being the maid of honor, I really want to look my best. I took my measurements on day 5 prior to my workout and today measured my waist and abdomen and it appears that I am gaining inches. I've read that this is a temporary thing because of the muscles sucking up water to repair themselves. Does anyone else have experience with this and how long did it take to straighten out? I have not been drinking nearly enough water for my weight so today I ramped it up to ten 8oz glasses and plan on continuing. Any and all advice/inspiration/motivation will greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone on their weight loss or gain goals!
  • levi468
    levi468 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of the 30-day shred and this morning i got really light headed and nauseous i had lay with my feet up to get the blood flowing to my head for about 20 min. i do my workout 1st thing in the morning right after i get up so i dont have time to eat before any suggestions what do to?