6 week 6 pack .... anyone want to join me?

Options
shellgib
shellgib Posts: 196 Member
I have been doing a lot of JMs DVDs for a while now and usually rotate b/w the 30DS, NMTZ, BFBM, ShredIt w/Weights, RI30 & 6w6p. I have also been jogging/walking and doing my elliptical for variety. I have never actually done the full 6 weeks of the 6w6p DVD though. I was thinking about incorporating it into my daily routine no matter what my other exercise is for that day. It is a great cardio workout itself but since it's only 30 mins I figure I can do it combined with others. I will probably be alternating b/w level 1 and 2 from the beginning instead of doing level 1 for half then 2 for half. I just did level 2 yesterday and am sore in my butt and back and arms! It works the whole body while focusing on core work. My HR was up the entire workout. Today I will do my elliptical and then level 1.

Anyone want to join me to keep me motivated and accountable?

Replies

• carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just did this for the first time today. I've been doing her ripped in 30 dvd. I finished the shred. My arms and legs look great but I feel like I need more tummy work. I am on week 3 of ripped so when I finish that I will probably devote more time to the 6 week 6 pack. For now I will do it after my ripped video when I have time. Probably a couple of times a week.
  • shellgib
    Options
    @carrie...how are you liking RI30? I did that one too, but again, not in order, lol. I didn't get enough of a workout from level one so I would do lev 2 followed by lev 1, then I did lev. 3 following with either lev 1 or 2, i didn't really care for lev 4. duck walks!!?? for real?? lol

so I completed my workout as planned for today...30 min. on the elliptical and level 1 of 6w6p. got interrupted for about 20min by a visitor halfway thru the 6w6p but finished afterwards. those side planks with leg kicks are HARD!! lol! but my abs are feeling like they got a good workout!
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This week I'm restarting 6 weeks of RI30 mixed with 6w6p, plus the treadmill or elliptical a couple times a week. I really like 6w6p, but I've had the dvd for awhile so I've done level 1 enough to be bored of it, but not consistently enough to see results - annoying!!

I think that's I'm going to be doing level 2 2x a week, and RI30 4x a week. how many times are you guys planning on doing 6w6p?

@shellgib - I love those side planks :) My obliques are definitely harder from doing level 1!! unfortunately they're still hidden under this pesky subcutaneous fat :(
  • shellgib
    Options
    @sdgirl...I am hoping to get 6w6p in at least 4 times a week piggybacked with my other DVDs or ellptical. I get bored :yawn: easy too and that's why I haven't done it completely thru yet either.

I found that level 1 felt more like a focused core workout than level 2. Level 2 felt like more cardio. But I think combining them and alternating both for the next 6 weeks should be good.

And I know those side plank kick outs are going to get results! :tongue: I am thankful that I have already built up a little bit of core strength from doing plank twists and side plank raises from her other workouts.

I look forward to keeping up with you guys!! I'm gonna "friend" you now...:drinker:
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love Ripped in 30. I started doing the 30 day shred in May and completed the whole thing in 35 days. I moved on to ripped a few weeks ago and found level 1 to be too easy so I did level 2. I'm now on level 3 which is brutal. Today was the first day I did not fall over during that duck walk. I do love Jillian Michaels. I love that she calls you a fool for buying her dvd in ripped. LOL. 6 week 6 pack is a lot more than just laying on the floor doing crunches so once I'm done with ripped, I won't mind just doing that for 6 weeks. The plank moves are great for the arms and shoulders. The other dvds have been great at toning my arms and legs but I need extra stomach work.
  • shellgib
    Options
    Well, today was day 3 and I started out with Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and almost had myself talked out of doing 6w6p but I DID IT! lol. I did level 1 and felt a little drained by the second round of mountain climbers and side planks, but again...I DID IT! lol.

My obliques are sore! ! ! !
  • jen_s_perez
    Options
    Where can I get a copy of 6 week 6 pack in a store - or do I need to order it online?
  • saydee3
    saydee3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it this afternoon so I'm in!

I've been doing 30DS and RI30. I'm on day two of week two. I'm switching back and forth each day between the DVDs because otherwise I get bored. I had done 30DS previously but didn't make it though. I was too out of shape and lazy. I'm committed now!!

I usually run/walk about 30 minutes in the afternoons, but I think I'm going to switch back and forth between running and 6W6P. Probably three days a week each, then one day to rest.

I need to drop another nine in the next 5.5 weeks, mainly around my belly, for my beach vacation. That's only about 1.5 lbs or so per week, I think it's doable!

@jen, I ordered it from Amazon. It was only like $8. I got it with 30DS and RI30 so I got free shipping.
  • shellgib
    Options
    @jen....walmart and target usually have it for about $9 too

@sadee...YAY!! glad to have somebody else doing similar routines!!! So are you planning on doing one of the "30" dvds followed by either running or 6w6p on the same day then?
  • saydee3
    Options
    Yep! I get up at 5:30am on weekday mornings and around 6 on weekends (the hubs tees off at 7am on Sat and Sun mornings, so he is up around 5:30) and do either 30DS or RI30, then shower and get ready for the day. I run in the afternoon six days a week, but am planning to do 6W6P on three days a week instead. On weekends I may only get one of my two daily workouts in, but I don't beat myself up over it.

I'm going to try it tonight and I'll let you know how it goes. My abs are already slightly sore from RI30 this morning, so I'm sure I will be hurting tomorrow... but it will be worth it!!
  • saydee3
    Options
    Good gracious. Just finished 6W6P for the first time. It's by far the hardest JM DVD I've done. I might have to do it more often than three days a week... If I can handle it!
  • shellgib
    Options
    @saydee...wow you are a morning person huh? lol! I would love it if I could get up and bust out a workout first thing in the morning! And about the 6w6p being a killer...IKR!! haha! I am sure most people probably think it's just another one of those crunches on the floor workouts....FAR FROM IT! lol! And Level 2 is even more intense w/ the cardio in my opinion.

Well, I had a lot of "chores" to do today...grocery shopping, cleaning, etc. so I did the 6w6p level 2 today but didn't combine it with anything else (unless vacuuming and steam cleaning the floor count, lol)

Still very sore in the midsection!! and loving it!!! Keep up the good work girls!!
  • jen_s_perez
    Options
    I don't know what got into me last night... but I did the first day of the 6W6P and then my day 7 of 30DS... Sore this morning but still made it to the gym for some light weight training this morning. Hoping these pounds and inches fall off!
  • sdgirl22
    Options
    @ jen - Nice work!! Doubling up workouts should definitely get results!

So I completed L2 of 6w6p last night, and with an 8lb weight the whole way through.. yay!!! I also got out of bed at 5:45 to run a mile before work to boost my metabolism (only thanks to DH, though... I will not get out of bed for a workout unless he drags me out!!). So I'm pretty happy about that.

L2 is definitely more cardio, but I feel like it's more of a workout on my abs too. Maybe I'm not doing L1 correctly or something.

Anyway, today is RI30 L2 for me. Actually looking forward to it - I love when you're about 3 days into a new level, and you start to feel stronger. What's everybody else doing today??
  • mlek13
    mlek13 Posts: 44
    Options
    I was hoping to find a forum for JM's 6w6p! and I found you guys! :flowerforyou:

I figured out (duhhh :laugh: ) that exercise Tv on demand has a great selection of JM's videos... so I started 6w6p last night... my sides and butt are super sore today (and I consider myself semi-fit)... not having the actual DVDs I don't always know what I will be able to do... but I plan to do one of her videos every day (at least 5 days per week minimum) plus my elliptical and regular dog walking... :drinker: Count me in!!!
  • saydee3
    Options
    I got up this morning at 5:30 like usual and did 6W6P instead of RI30 or 30DS. Really bad idea. I made it through about 23 minutes and gave up. I'm definitely going to have to stick with RI30 or 30DS in the mornings and 6W6P at night. I don't know why, but I think I'm too out of it in the morning to do 6W6P. It's definitely the toughest JM DVD I've done.

My abs aren't as sore as I expected them to be though. I can definitely feel that I've worked out but last night I really thought I'd be in serious pain. I'll do it again tomorrow after work. Here's to having awesome abs!!
  • shellgib
    Options
    Good job Jen!!! :drinker:

Welcome aboard mlek13!!! :flowerforyou:

@sdgirl.... 8 LB WEIGHT!!?? AWESOME!!! I feel wimpy now for using my 3 or 5! lol :tongue:

@saydee....at least you are getting up and doing an early morning workout, haha...more than I can say for myself. I have to have my tea and breakfast first! Have you ever done her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism workout? That one's a killer too! No hand weights in that one and a bit longer...about 50 min. total. I about died when I did that the other day and then followed it immediately w/ 6w6p!

Today was my "rest" day since I worked a 12 hour shift. I work two 12's a week, so those are my rest days and I try to get in at least 30-45 min. of exercise on the other days.
  • saydee3
    Options
    @shell, I don't think I could fit a 50 minute workout in. That's why I do one in the morning and one in the afternoon - I can get an hour in in 30 minute increments. I HATE waking up so early in the morning, but I know I have to do it to get in shape and get to my target weight. My goal is once I get to where I want to be, I can just workout in the afternoons and eat my maintenance calories.

I skipped my workout this afternoon. I think I might regret that tomorrow, but it was so dang hot outside and by the time I got home I was so hot and tired I wanted to be lazy. I'll make up for it tomorrow.
  • mlek13
    mlek13 Posts: 44
    Options
    I ended up doing 6WSP again last night, I think it was week 1. I am sore today! I am going to try another one of her videos tonight! Loving these!

@saydee. I wish I had the motivation to wake up early and work out... I am not a morning person.... :happy: but it would be nice to break up my workouts... it feels like it is all I do when I get home....
  • sdgirl22
    Options
    I wish I had the motivation to wake up early too!! I did on Tuesday to do cardio, then did 6w6p at night. I was supposed to do the same thing again this morning, but I was up until 11 last night so there was no way I was getting up before 6am.....

which means I have to do 6w6p L2 AND 30 minutes on the elliptical tonight... somehow before a 7:30pm meeting. :grumble: