Wanted - Motivational and Supportive Friends

Hello everyone!

My name is Ayla (A-la) and I'm 26 years old. I'm your average girl just trying to lose some weight and love herself. Right now I'm at one of my highest weights and I'm not very happy about it. It's to the point where none of my clothes fit and I jiggle all over. Most people just seeing me in my every day life wouldn't think anything of it, but it's me who sees myself naked and feels what I feel. And what I feel I don't like. I constantly feel bloated and tired. I want to change that. At one point, about two months ago, I was on a roll of losing the weight and finally seeing the changes I wanted to see. But then my grandmother passed away and that changed everything. But I know she would want me to continue and make myself happy. I know she is watching down on me wondering what the hell I'm doing, haha. That was just her personality. I miss her so much, and I don't want to just do this for me but also for her. I wanted to make her proud and I want to do that now. Here is my second chance.

So, I'm looking for some motivational and supportive friends on here. Ones that are actively logging and try to motivate and support others. I want to do the same in return. If you're looking for the same thing, please add me. Message me. Whatever you want, but let's get this ship-a-sailing because I can't live like this anymore. Something needs to change. I hope to hear from all of you. I look forward to making changes and hitting some goals.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you made it this far, go to my profile and click add friend and lets get to it!

Sincerely,
Ayla Lee

Replies

• aliyune
    aliyune Posts: 23 Member
    Hi Ayla! This is sort of my second go around too. I'd lost a good chunk of weight and then gained about 20lbs back, so now I'm hoping to lose 40lb overall. I also have the lofty goal of losing 30 of that before my final semester of nursing school starts in the fall. I turn 26 in August. One thing I learned is that weight loss doesn't immediately make you happy with yourself, so while your on your journey, always be self-reflecting. It will help you grow and understand yourself and then the weight loss will just be a confidence booster.
    Make mini goals, make a vision board/pinterest, write down in a journal how you're feeling at the end of each day about your dieting and day in general. Sending you a friend request, we can do this!
  • KimSLWelling
    KimSLWelling Posts: 4 Member
    I'm back on the weight loss "wagon" again as well. I achieved my weight last time with weight watchers. I put the weight back on due to some major life stresses, food was comfort.

I had a health scare the beginning of May. It grabbed my attention, for which I said a prayer of thanks, and with commitment, contacted my insurance and spoke with my doctor for help. So here I am.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I really like what Aliyune said. Small goals are great. This is a journey with small step life changes to success and keeping it off.
    Kim
  • tdwebb412
    tdwebb412 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey there! I'm sort of a newbie at this! I've had the app for a while but get busy and don't post like I ought. I've had sort of an up and down story with my weight over the last few years. In my highly stressed times I've been able to lose weight kind of easily but after those periods pass and I'm dealing with outcomes I seem to pack it back on. I'm 29 and ready to get ON the band wagon and commit to truly changing my diet.
    I'm very active and have had a couple injuries recently that have prevented me from working out. I love running as my exercise of choice and I workout with a trainer - mostly with weights. I am getting over an injury to my foot. Once that is healed up I am really ready to get back to running. I have a goal of running a full marathon when (or before, if I can) I'm 30. I've done 2 half marathons.
    As far as eating goes... I love healthy food but I also love food! I graduated from culinary school almost 2 years ago. I do not work professionally in a kitchen but I love to make food and am often posting pics and recipes on instagram of little creations. One of the thins I found difficult about MFP before was that I couldn't figure out the calories I was consuming because I was coming up with recipes/ cooking "on the fly." I am getting back to it, though, and found out I can enter recipes on MFP and they calculate the nutrient facts for me - awesome feature! I want to commit more to measuring my ingredients in a more precise way. That will also help me with recipe creations that others can follow.
    One of my really tough areas is with sweets. I know how to whip up all sorts of different sweets so I do often! I usually make them healthier by cutting sugar, cutting fat but I know they aren't really helping me out and I'm not eating tem out of hunger... it's just something I crave. I wish I could tone down the cravings. I'd like to stick with eating fruit like berries in the evening with A piece of dark chocolate.
    Anyway, I'd love friends on here that will help me stay on track and I will do the same back!
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Hey feel free to add me!
  • ivetastic
    ivetastic Posts: 255 Member
    Im here again and MyFitnessPal has always worked for me with weight loss