Made the muffins from recipes...forgot the brown sugar!

Options
Okay, I feel like a moron that I forgot the Splenda brown sugar mix that I specifically bought for baking. Put the dang muffins in without any sugar, I sprinkled some on top since it was too late, think that will make a difference? Maybe they won't need it at all, but wondering if some of you forgo the sugar altogether?:noway:

Replies

• porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Okay, I feel like a moron that I forgot the Splenda brown sugar mix that I specifically bought for baking. Put the dang muffins in without any sugar, I sprinkled some on top since it was too late, think that will make a difference? Maybe they won't need it at all, but wondering if some of you forgo the sugar altogether?:noway:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Technically you still have a muffin-muffins generally don't have sugar or have minimal sugar. Most muffins we eat today are actually cupcakes. So I think a little sprinkled on the top will be just fine!

Hope they're good!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    They are fine, I only sampled a tad bit around the wrapper when I pulled it off for bf. They weren't the same as the Weight Watcher snack muffin he had after lunch today, but they also weren't $2.99 for three.

Since there are only two of us, I put them in three separate zip lock bags, put one in the cubbard, one (each containing three) and the rest in a freezer bag, think they will thaw okay?
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Bread freezes and thaws very easily. Just place them on the counter and let them sit for about 20 min. or so to defrost. I wouldn't microwave because it tends to make them rubbery. Glad they're yummy!