Best protein shakes/bars?

Options
I recently took on a job that requires me to travel a lot during the day. I'm trying to find the best protein shakes and/or protein bars to hold me over while not costing me an entire days worth of calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I've always gagged over the taste of my husband's protein shakes until he tried Trutein. BEST EVER! My current favorite it chocolate peanut butter and I mix one scoop with just a couple tablespoons of milk so it has the consistency (and taste!) of pudding. I make a few at a time in little tupperware containers, pop them in the fridge then pull them out during the week as either a treat at night or to get me through a hungry afternoon at work. They're even good mixed with water if that's easier to use since you're traveling. And of course you can mix them with more water or milk to make a full shake... I just enjoy the feeling of "eating" my calories rather than "drinking" them.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    For a powder, I love Isopure...the Whey Isolate and Dutch Chocolate are favorites. For pre-made, Core Power is my go-to. Combat Crunch and Rx are great protein bars.
  • arose1122
    arose1122 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Powder, I like Isopure and Optimum Nutrition's Hydro Whey. Pre-made I like Core-Power and Muscle Milk makes a smoothie that's not horrible but anything else Muscle Milk tastes horrible to me. I love Quest bars the best. Premier Protein bars are a second and in a pinch Muscle Milk's peanut butter cookie flavor.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Grenade protein bars are yummy and come in lots of flavours
  • MontyMuttland
    MontyMuttland Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    MyProtein does a huge range of flavours of impact whey protein powders, so the chances are good you'd find something you enjoy. They also do protein bars called MyZero bars which provide an excellent ratio of protein to calories.
    I have MyProtein shakes every day as a supplement and thoroughly recommend them. My wife says the MyZero bars are awesome too.
  • veganj1
    veganj1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Cliff bar builder bars. 20g of protein and very good.
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Special K protein bars! It's a 170 calorie candy bar...

• cahenson1956
    cahenson1956 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Premier protein shakes have 160 calories and 30 grams of protein.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I like Quest products. But what about packing a cooler with some cut up veggies, mini hummus cups, apples, berries, bananas, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese. Just that's it's typically more filling and satisfying than a shake or bar.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of PEScience brand protein. It's a whey/casein blend and it tastes fantastic, has great macros, is fairly thick which is good for satiety.

Carb-Killa Grenade bars are ridiculous, but they are so delicious that I had to stop buying them because it was too hard to not eat 4 of them at once.

• 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I second the Premiere though I only like the chocolate one.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Fit Crunch Peanut Butter and Birthday Cake,
    Muscle Milk Double Rocky Road,
    Convenient Nutrition Protein Wheyfer Chocolate are my go to's.
  • melissahernandez8623
    melissahernandez8623 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Want to look for a protein bar that is at least 20gm protein and less than 5 grams of sugar. The "OH yeah ONE" brand protein bars and Costco protein bars fit that and are yummy. I also like Quest
  • lumenosis
    lumenosis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    OH Yeah One bars (maple doughnut and peanut butter pie) and B up bars (red velvet cupcake and peanut butter) low sugar high fiber and protein and I like them. Powder I am way pickier about, I like Whey Gourmet (after trying a lot) finding most too artificially sweet or steevia flavoured. A lot of bars have 10 + grams of sugar so read the labels.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Have you considered making your own? Cost more initially as you have to buy the whole tub, but in the long run will be cheaper

Plenty of recipes online

That way you control what they have, the calories etc