Cauliflower pizza or regular cheese pizza (bread)

Hi!! SO i'm addicted to pizza...and I actually happen to love cauliflower pizza almost if not as much as pizza made from bread. I am planning on having one or the other for dinner tonight and my calories allow for either to fit into my day... so it's just a matter of preference and i can't choose!! I was wondering if there are any benefits at all to eating vegetable crust over bread?? I am not very knowledgable about macros at all... I only know about CICO and am new here, and to this strict calorie counting thing. Would appreciate any opinions! Or just say which you would rather have :) :P

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    I mean, cauliflower has a lot more Vitamin C than regular dough, so if you'd like to get some extra vitamins into your day, that would be my choice.

What's your recipe for cauliflower pizza? I tried it once and wasn't a fan.
  • Tropicoolblonde
    Tropicoolblonde Posts: 70 Member
    toxikon wrote: »
    I mean, cauliflower has a lot more Vitamin C than regular dough, so if you'd like to get some extra vitamins into your day, that would be my choice.

Hi! I actually do not know the recipe.. it is my roommate who usually makes it. All I know is that we process cauliflower so it's a rice texture, then microwave it and drain the water and mix with parmesan cheese and bake it for a while. It's not hard! It is a really strange texture compared to normal dough but i like it :)
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    toxikon wrote: »

Hi! I actually do not know the recipe.. it is my roommate who usually makes it. All I know is that we process cauliflower so it's a rice texture, then microwave it and drain the water and mix with parmesan cheese and bake it for a while. It's not hard! It is a really strange texture compared to normal dough but i like it :)

I'll have to give it another try sometime! :)
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Cauliflower may be more nutrient dense than your typical wheat crust; it has fiber, vitamin B, vitamin C, potassium and magnesium (calcium from the Parmesan, too). I would say it really depends on what your macros allow and which you think tastes better. Personally, I would never go with cauliflower crust, but I wouldn't be doing a standard wheat crust either.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    I'd just guess the cauliflower one has some different vitamins/minerals. I like both, and even zucchini pizza crust.

Here's a recipe that claims to be the original and is the one I always use.

http://yourlighterside.com/2009/05/recipe-the-original-cauliflower-pizza-dough-2/
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Eat a pizza and have some cauliflower on the side
  • Tropicoolblonde
    Tropicoolblonde Posts: 70 Member
    I'd just guess the cauliflower one has some different vitamins/minerals. I like both, and even zucchini pizza crust.

Here's a recipe that claims to be the original and is the one I always use.

http://yourlighterside.com/2009/05/recipe-the-original-cauliflower-pizza-dough-2/

Zucchini crust?!!? Sounds amaze. I ended up eating a small cheese pizza from dominos nom nom nom. Made it fit my calories somehow, but maybe because I wasn't very hungry today and didn't end up eating any other real meals (bad but it happens rarely). Im making the cauliflower pizza for tomorrow :):)
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Pita crust is lower than regular crust
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I'd have the regular but that's just because I like my pizza traditional.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    I'm obsessed with these https://www.califlourfoods.com/ I keep a stash of them in my freezer and they're a great quick dinner. My kids love them too. The red pepper is my favorite.

That's not to say that I don't occasionally want a traditional pizza, cause I do, but these are really good!

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    I actually just make a skillet pizza (too lazy to make a cauliflower crust and eating much wheat doesn't seem to agree with me). You put the cheese in a little frying pan, plus whatever toppings you like (I usually just do pepperoni) and as it cooks, the cheese forms its own crust. Easy and pretty tasty!
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    ive made my share of cauliflower and broccoli crusted pizza, they're decent tasting for what they are, but it's bit messy and time consuming so i typically stick with the frozen pizzas that are like 600-1000 cals per pizza... much easier to pop one of those in the oven.