Any awesome keto recipes?

Options
skeane91
skeane91 Posts: 11 Member
I've been pretty successful using keto and sticking to the 75% fat 20% protein 5% carbs plan. Just had some chia seed pudding.... Orgain unsweetened high protein almond milk
Plnt by V chia seeds
Bodytech protein French vanilla isolate

Pretty tasty

Any recipes anybody can share?
Especially deserts

Replies

• anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like these pancakes a lot. I also like to eat deviled eggs (egg salad if I am lazy) which can pretty much have anything mixed in (hot sauce, blue cheese, smoked salmon).

In terms of dessert, I like to make ice cream using this recipe as my base. I just switch up how I flavor the custard, sugar-free syrups and a wide variety of extracts have helped keep the carbs low. I have also had success with this cookie recipe, just modified to be Keto instead of Paleo. And this brownie recipe. Finally, the easiest of all, sugar free jello either topped with homemade whipped cream (no sugar added) or made with 1 cup of heavy cream instead of the cold water; if you do the latter, try to stir again after the jello cools some as it tends to separate a bit.
  • skeane91
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! That cookie recipe looks awesome!
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I must of posted this a million times but it's so good so here goes again. 100g full fat soft cheese, 30g crunchy peanut butter, 5 Myprotein Toffee Flavdrops and a good pinch of coarse sea salt. Mix cheese, flavdrops and salt together thoroughly, then roughly mix in your peanut butter and eat, tastes like peanut butter toffee cheesecake. High calorie though so adjust the amount to suit your needs.
  • skeane91
    Options
    Damn that's getting made this week thanks!
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    skeane91 wrote: »
    Thanks for the ideas! That cookie recipe looks awesome!

The cookie recipe is pretty good, I recommend reducing bake time to get a soft cookie that doesn't crumble.

If you like cheesecake (real, baked cheesecake) it is pretty easy to transform a standard NY cheesecake recipe to Keto-friendly. Replace the sugar with a 1-to-1 sugar replacement (we usually use a blend of powdered erythritol and powdered stevia) and use a Keto friendly crust (almonds plus butter and cinnamon do okay for us, but there is also this). You can leave out the cornstarch or use xantham gum instead, if your recipe calls for it.