FINALLY BROKE A STALL!

Options
There was a number I just couldn't manage to get under. I was gaining and losing the same 10 pounds for months. And today... I have finally broke it! I had to weigh myself a few times to be sure. Just keep at it friends -- don't give in because the scale doesn't reflect your progress.

Replies

• daherd
    daherd Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am at a plateau as well....have been for weeks. I am staying at my 1200 calories, getting my steps in and drinking my water....still the scale shows the same number. I have lost 26 pounds and want to lose another 26...I told my husband maybe my body is telling me this is where you need to be, but I know that isn't right. Glad you had a break through.
  • Thelmax1
    Thelmax1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There was a number I just couldn't manage to get under. I was gaining and losing the same 10 pounds for months. And today... I have finally broke it! I had to weigh myself a few times to be sure. Just keep at it friends -- don't give in because the scale doesn't reflect your progress.

Did you do anything special to break through?
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Same. I was losing an average of 2.2lbs per week then I just stopped. It sucks! I've been stuck a couple weeks and one week I even ate (recently) under 1000 calories per day because I was sick with a sore throat and nausea. It's ridiculous! I've tried undereating (because I was sick, not on purpose), over-eating one night, exercising, not exercising, and nada. lol. Next is to try drinking diet soda (I stopped right before I stalled). Weird idea, but I'm out of ideas and someone suggested diet soda because of the caffeine so why the hell not... lol. & congrats!
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I never understand why that happens. I find weight on the scale stalls more then inches though
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thelmax1 wrote: »

Did you do anything special to break through?

I didn't -- I just kept trucking along. In the past I would give in and have something outside of my goal out of frustration. This time I just kept at it and it finally broke. Consistency was key. Now I refuse to get back on the scale LOL but plan to weigh in weekly. Hoping it stays off.
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That always feels great.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    That is very promising! :-) Congrats!