Baractric

Options
Hi I struggle with food since having surgery 4 years ago. I also have horrendous periods and take more tablets than a pharmacy. I've just started back at s gym and lost an amazing stone in 8 days but drinking like a fish now with water. Got on the scales and I've gained 2 lb. I dont know why I bother I feel so deflated and was so happy. I don't know if it's a period thing or water I don't know. I just need to lose 2 stone asap for a major operation. Any advice I really need it.

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Set your calorie goal to lose 2lb per week. Stick within your calorie goal. Track your exercise. Eat back 50-75% of exercise calories.

You did not lose a stone in 8 days. It's not physically possible. Your body can't burn fat that fast.

Are you weighing using the same scales, at the same time every day? Different scales can vary by a stone, and I put on 7lb in water retention in the week before my period.

It is far too early to be panicking or discouraged, and you are expecting results far too fast. You need to be making a lifestyle change that you can keep up forever, or you'll just put back all the weight you lost after your surgery; just like you already have.
  • clthompson0922
    clthompson0922 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've gained weight since surgery too 10 years ago. 4 years out, you may want to consult your doctor as the pouch may have stretched like mine did.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of water shifting. The big drop is largely water, and the 2lb gain is also likely water. When you work out your muscles retain water to help repair. You didn't mention how many calories you are eating. That's going to be your main determining factor.