Hotel buffets

Options
Hi everyone. I am going on holiday next week and although I want to enjoy myself I don’t want to undo my hard work. How do you calculate calories for food on the hotel buffet? Would you just try and search for the food and estimate it? Thanks

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    try to sneak in a food scale, otherwise go gang busters on the veggies and proteins.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Just estimate. I wouldn't bring a scale, but a smart phone or a pen and paper to keep track of what you're eating would be a good idea. If you try to remember later, you'll forget half the stuff you put on your plate.

If you're going to the omelet station, you'll be able to see how much oil they scoop into the pan (or ask them to use cooking spray). You can estimate whether it is a 2 or 3 egg omelet. You may not have the exact grams of each piece of bacon or sausage, but you can look up calorie estimates for bacon by slice or sausage by piece.

Here's a link to some handy ways to estimate portion size although there are tons of different ones on the internet: http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/simple-tricks-estimate-serving-size
  • lisajanewalker717
    lisajanewalker717 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you