Keto lunch meal prep ideas

Options
chris_81
chris_81 Posts: 2 Member
Looking for some keto lunch meal prep ideas.

Replies

• anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't do what most people call meal prep, but I do prepare food in batches. I like egg salad (or chicken or tuna) because I can switch it up both on the recipe and how I eat it (on a salad, with flax crackers, by itself); it is also cheap and has pretty good macros. I eat a lot of salad at lunch, so I always have some kind of protein prepped in my fridge - chicken cooked with salsa, taco meat, smoked chicken/pork/beef. You can have a lot of mixed leaf lettuce for very few carbs and salads help me get my fat in with lower carb dressings. If I want something hot, I usually go with a base of steamed broccoli and add chicken with white sauce; cream cheese, cheddar cheese and ham; or bacon and cheddar cheese. I usually prep the protein and the broccoli in bulk and then put everything together the in the morning.
  • ramskermfc
    ramskermfc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When I was on keto, I ate a ton of chicken salad. Can use either canned chicken or cooked chicken . . . the best is to get rotisserie chicken from Sam's Club or Costco and break it down into containers that can be kept in the fridge and used over about 4 days. Cube up some chicken. mix in some chopped hardboiled egg, mayo and a little dill relish and you're good to go. Can portion out a few containers of it eat when you want.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I cook soup, stew, chili, curry, meatloaf muffins, meatballs, stuffed peppers, etc and freeze in portions that I can grab and go for lunch.