The beginning

Options
Memerex5
Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
I never posted my stats or photos about my weight loss journey. I need to be accountable, see the physical changes and know I'm a work in progress.

My journey began May 8, 2017. I'm 47yo. Height: 5'4"
Weight: 218 lbs.
BMI: 37.4

Neck: 15.25"
⬆️ arm: 14"
Chest: 42" DD!
Waist: 41.5"
Hips: 47"
⬆️ thigh: 27"
Calf: 17"

oxrzv0muvq4a.jpg
laeudej4eyay.jpg

Replies

• andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 too but I weigh 283lbs. However I started the year at 315lbs so im doing something right. Happy to be your buddy.
  • Memerex5
    Options
    So today I'm still fighting my PTSD, depression and anxiety issues. For some reason I can't get what that terrible person did to me as a little girl. I feel him touching me, watching me even laying next to me. It's eerie. I've moved the scale in the wrong direction even though I have been under calories and increased my exercise. Guess it's just emotional baggage weighing me down. I'm adding recent pics. Motivation, and disgust of what I have become. iijzwiecvtti.jpg
    bncupu93l2cf.jpg
    cp0nx158adus.jpg
  • Memerex5
    Options
    Update for 5/24.
    Having trouble eating enough during the day and too much at night. Also me carbs are through the roof. Think I'm going to make a diet and eat it everyday.
  • andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That's what I do. Pretty much eat the same thing every day. It does work but it gets boring after a few months
  • Lkav88
    Lkav88 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well done you for taking the first steps in your weight loss journey!! It takes some time in figuring out what works best for you, everyone has their own ways of doing things. Look forward to seeing your next update
  • Memerex5
    Options
    Update 5/30
    Haven't done very well with this diet. I am such a carb addict and for some reason I feel I have to eat 80% of my calories at night. So I am back on track I hope. Need to do some meal prep and forget about fruit. Too many calories!
  • Memerex5
    Options
    Been a long time. Fell way off the wagon. Had some new health issues come up (diabetic and a complete herniation of L5) plus my DH passed on August 31 so tons of emotional eating.

5’4”
    New SW (and biggest I’ve ever been) : 234lbs
    Size 20-22 pants
    Breasts across nipples: 47” Waist 43”, hips 48”

Thoroughly disgusted, ashamed, and embarrassed with myself. But I know why it all happened and now I just need to figure out this diabetic diet crap. All I was provided was high protein and low carbs. Ugh.
  • sjack44
    sjack44 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You should feel proud of yourself for finding the strength to start this journey, not disgusted or ashamed. I found it easier when I took it easier at the start and just made simple changes, rather than jumping in and trying to do it all at once. Your DH hasn't been gone all that long so you have a lot to deal with. At the moment I am finding that it helps me to plan the day before and pack all the food for the next day into a container that's in the fridge, I know that once that is finished then so are my calories for the day. It's nice to have that physical reminder and that works for me. Take the time to find what works for you, you can do this!