Beginning again, this time I'm doing this in a healthy way!

Options
Hi everyone! :)

I've used MFP off and on for a few years now, though this is the first time I'm setting realistic and healthy goals for myself.

I started (again) on Sunday, beginning at 316 pounds. The calorie goal MFP sets for me, to lose 1.5 per week, is 1890.. and for the first time, I'm going to stick to that.

I've had a really bad habit in the past, of lowering my calories too much to lose as quickly as possible. Not only was I never able to keep off the weight I had lost, but I've also come to learn that what I was aiming for wasn't healthy at all. So, here I am.. beginning again, and this time I'm not in a rush. This time I'm sticking to the calorie goals set for me, and taking things slower. I'm not going to lower my calories until MFP tells me to.

I'm not sure what my "goal weight" is. I figure I'll know it when I reach it.

I'm not a super-healthy eater, but I also don't live on junk food. I'm aiming for realistic, sustainable changes.. not just some "diet" to lose the weight. My main issue is overeating, and underestimating how much I eat, which is where tracking my meals helps me.

I'm not aiming to be a certain weight by a certain time. I'm just working on losing the weight in a healthy way, and making sustainable changes in my life.

I've been on here off and on for a long time now, but I've never participated in the discussions. I'm looking forward to being a part of it all! ❤️

Replies

• andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I startedat 315lbs at the start of the year and I'm down to 295lbs now. Sounds like you could use some support, so if you want to add me as a friend, please do and I'll check on you regularly for support.
  • ladyeyessogreen
    ladyeyessogreen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I too am just starting back after a long time away. Im starting back much higher than when I started the first time. Now at 260 lbs. Though I am here not just to lose weight, but to keep track of everything I am eating as I have some health issues that I am more concerned about.

If you want to add me as a friend too, we can support each other.
  • hlk545
    hlk545 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm back for 2nd go and starting at 274lbs. Like yourself I'm not going nuts cutting calories and am trying to stick to the calories set by MFP. Lost 4lbs in the first week so it works. I'd suggest adding some friends as they can support you and sometimes seeing others do it helps you know that you can too!
  • Ariillynn
    Ariillynn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! You got this! Just think of the end result.
  • CynoO
    CynoO Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good luck stay positive
  • joyful_soul
    joyful_soul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm the one who started this thread. I decided to make a new account, because I don't have a set "goal weight" I'm aiming for. I tried changing my username on the other one, but I must have done it wrong, because it didn't change. Anyways, I just wanted to thank you all for the kind words of encouragement! ❤️
  • HenriSuccess
    HenriSuccess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's a great attitude. Good luck