Breastfeeding mama

Options
Hi my breastfeeding mommies that are slowly trying to lose weight while breastfeeding. Once my daughter turned 3 months I started eating more healthier and trying to lose between 1-2 pounds a week. So far I've lost 3 pounds,which I'm happy about

Replies

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Awesome way to go!
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Great! Just be sure you are eating enough to keep up your supply. That's you focus right now.
    I BFed 31 months and never did lose weight. But my PG weight was really good (not sure how THAT happened!). Eventually, it all worked out.
    Here are some words by a woman who was an astonishing mentor on a BF board I belonged to:
    "The beauty of my body is not measured by the size of the clothes it can fit into, but by the stories that it tells. I have a belly and hips that say, 'We grew a child in here,' and breasts that say, "We nourished life." My hands, with bitten nails and a writer's callus, say, 'We create amazing things.'"
  • nadiama89
    nadiama89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding and trying to lose 20lbs . My son just turned 5 months last week . Im struggling to find ways to exercise with baby always with me .. it's too hot outside to take stroller walks
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    nadiama89 wrote: »
    I'm breastfeeding and trying to lose 20lbs . My son just turned 5 months last week . Im struggling to find ways to exercise with baby always with me .. it's too hot outside to take stroller walks

I find the same issues but I've got more to lose. I've started taking my baby in the stroller to walk at my university - entirely indoors and hugely long buildings to walk forever in.

There are gyms in my city with childcare options but my girl is in the middle of stranger danger and cries if she can't see me. No one wants a six month old screeching in the gym.
  • cayako309
    cayako309 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. Baby is 3.5 months and I just started MFP. I'm not exactly sure how to adjust for breastfeeding but I figure I'll just keep an eye on my supply. I'm also starting to walk at least 30 min a day. Let me know how it goes! I want a community of BF mamas to follow.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I used to do my workouts at home with my baby in her high chair with tons of toys and then if she had enough I'd move her to her bouncer and give her some new toys. She's bigger now and sleeps in her crib for naps so now I just workout when she naps. So far I lost 6kg.
  • nadiama89
    nadiama89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was doing at home workout dvds and did the exact same thing as the period poster . I pot him in his Lille play area while I do the workout .. I hurt my knees doing the workouts and back to square one
  • chelsealeighh410
    chelsealeighh410 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My LO is 6 weeks and I have 5lbs to lose till my pregnancy weight but I'd ultimately like to lose about 40lbs. I am cleared for light workouts but struggling to find a balance when it comes to calorie intake. Any insight?