Dinner time!

Options
Can anyone help me with some ideas for dinner?

I don't eat meat but do eat fish and don't eat carbs in the eve.

Replies

• KelliesCupcake
    Options
    A stirfry with pieces of fish?
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Jerk Shrimp - if you like spicy.

Jumbo Shrimp
    Jerk Rub
    Olive Oil

Heat skillet over medium heat with a small amount of olive oil in it. Once heated, toss in the shrimp and dash on the Jerk rub. Let them cook for about 5 minutes. Flip them over, dash with more rub, and cook another 5 minutes.

I like to serve it with roasted asparagus (fresh aspargus in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes with some garlic and onions).
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    what do you have available to cook with? I love to cook. I bet I could create a delicious recipe from the ingredients you have at home... seasonings and all.
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have tuna in a can sardines in a can lol some frozen veg - not very much at all. I like the sound of a stir fry
  • nancytollefson
    nancytollefson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eat early, eat light and not at all if possible! My trainer says try to do 90% of your calories before 5pm. You didn't say if you have a family, obviously kids need to eat! If you have a spouse, depending on their work; sitting at a desk could skip dinner, but a laborer would need to eat. Less carbs, more protein and always veggies (the less cooked the better)!

My husband work hard physically all day, so I fix him a meat, potato and veggie dinner and I just eat the veggies. We don't do bread - he's very fit, but puts his weight on in the middle, and bread contributes to that.

Our 3 year old grand daughter lives with us and I do "healthy snacking" for her. She'll eat a tapioca when she gets up from her nap, then she'll have an apple or banana, then maybe some cheese and crackers later, but no "official" dinner. She's healthy as a horse.

Good luck! Nancy T.
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    def do a veggie stif fry, with olive oil and some garlic... and maybe tuna on the side. Or go out and get some salmon (glaze it with a little teriyaki sauce-low sodium) then throw it on the grill or bake in in foil in the oven. yum. If you dont' like salmon, you can always do a tuna steak. I was just trying to avoid having you go out to buy something else.
  • Lsosa1984
    Lsosa1984 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The jerk shrimp sounds yummy!

Last night I made a quick guac with 2 avocados, 1/2 white onions, 1/2 tomatoes, a little cilantro and lemon juice and a pich of garlic salt.
    I spread that on whole wheat tortilla which I brushed with a little extra virgin olive oil and toasted with some fat free mozerella cheese.

It was a very yummy vegetarian, light dinner!