Any Juicers out there?!?

Last week after watching a couple documentries on the benefits of vegetable and fruit juicing I decided to go out and treat myself to a new juicer. It is a Breville Variable Speed model juicer and I am loving it so far! I usually juice for breakfast and right before dinner. I can already feel the increased energy that I have.

Are there any MFP people who have started juicing or been juicing for awhile? If so, what are some of your favorite recipies?? I am trying to add more vegetables to my diet but am having a hard time finding a tasty mix.

Replies

• i just started myself. I have to balance it with my nutritional, diabetic needs so I make some realllllly odd ones. Last night I juice 1/2 a cucumber, 1/2 red delicious apple, a lemon wedge, a thumb sized chunk of ginger and added 2 tsp Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar and it kicked butt! I called it the Green Lantern!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
  • maryannmiclat
    maryannmiclat Posts: 133 Member
    I do juice or mono fruit fasts. I LOVE my juicer! :) One of the juices I like to make is beet, carrot, and apple juice. The first few sips are hard to swallow, but you get used to it after that. Plus, that is the one juice that gives me a ton of energy. Another is 1 orange, 1 grapefruit, and 1 half of a lemon. You should go on youtube and check out videos from Dan McDonald, a.k.a the life re-generator. His videos really helped me when I was big on juicing.
  • MsNiss
    MsNiss Posts: 57
    Hey kral,

I've had the same juicer as you for over a year now, and it's been fantastic. At first I was hesitant to juice vegetables, but if you start out with the ones that don't have much flavour (cabbage, zucchini, beets, spinach ect), that helps. Another option is to throw an apple, which really helps sweeten the whole thing, and most of the time all you can really taste is the apple. Works well with grapes too.

You'll love juicing! Just be sure to drink the juice within 20 minutes of making it, as it loses all of those awesome nutrients really quickly after that.