I cant believe if I cut back bad food I'll drop weight?

I eat healthy usually but once are twice a week I ear a small portion of something bad. I feel like I'm not going to drop weight

Replies

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    What does bad mean in relation to food? I think food is pretty much amoral.
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    It seems like you've posted lots of threads like this, asking about specific foods or "bad" foods. Why is it so hard for you to believe that it is your calorie intake that will determine what you weigh?

At some point, you've got to acknowledge that your feelings -- while they may be strong -- are not always the best guide to reality.

Well everyone says you have to eat healthy to loose weight.
  • weightloss_acc
    I feel so upset and bad when I eat something bad bit I still do it.
  • inkedillini26
    inkedillini26 Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2017
    It seems like you've posted lots of threads like this, asking about specific foods or "bad" foods. Why is it so hard for you to believe that it is your calorie intake that will determine what you weigh?

At some point, you've got to acknowledge that your feelings -- while they may be strong -- are not always the best guide to reality.

Well everyone says you have to eat healthy to loose weight.

No...everyone says that you have to have fewer calories in than calories out...that is the only thing that has to do with weight loss. The food you eat has more to do with how it makes you feel and health. Is it "healthier" to eat baby carrots than french fries, yeah probably, but as long as you stay at or under calories it doesn't necessarily matter what you eat. Now that's not saying you should only ever eat McDonald's and pizza, but it also doesn't mean you can't fit that into your day/week.

I feel so upset and bad when I eat something bad bit I still do it.

This seems like it has a lot more to do with your mentality than your health or weight loss, that may be something to talk to someone about. Speaking from experience, having a healthy relationship with food is so important when it comes to this journey and daily life. I used to get so angry at every slip-up, and that was such an unhealthy way to look at things. Being healthy is about your mental and physical self.
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    I eat foods some people might consider unhealthy every day, hasn't impacted on my weight loss or fitness in any way.
  • jilleebee77
    jilleebee77 Posts: 329 Member
    Go ahead and look at my diary...I am BY FAR perfect. I eat what I want in moderation. There are no "bad" foods, just nutritionally inadequate I would say, if that is what you mean. Granted you can eat a lot more of "good" foods at once than "bad" foods, but you will still lose if you are in a calorie deficit.

I have lost close to 30lbs in 3 months eating "bad" foods too. You need to get out of you own head (I KNOW this is the HARDEST thing I had to do too) and realize you are human, food is good, and that anything in moderation can be enjoyed. For the first month of my weight loss journey I had a glass of wine and chocolate for dessert, and still lost.

I go out to eat there are times I make better choices there are time I make terrible choices. But those are the key words MY CHOICES. If you pay attention to your day and your week as a whole you can eat what ever you like. Just log it! Hold yourself accountable. Also it will help you see if/when you have "gone over board" and what will help next week to make it better.

Always make tomorrow BETTER, don't live in yesterday, and DON'T be your worst enemy! You need to be your FIRST cheerleader. :) feel free to friend me as well
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    You can eat whatever you want, as long as you're consuming fewer calories than you're burning, and still lose weight. I still eat nacho chips and potato chips because I like them, but I don't eat the entire bag anymore. One serving with a sandwich or as a snack and that's it, and I make sure my calorie goal is still met each day.

Why do you feel bad about eating the foods you like?
  • weightloss_acc
    I've lost over 85 pounds before eating chicken broccoli and lean meats and vegtables and brown rice , I felt great then I ended up eating up something unhealthy I would get so depressed i hate being called fat and donut girl and being obese. My parents ended up divorcing and I ended up eating and binging then get so upset I'd throw it up, I don't make myself do that anymore but it hurts me knowing that I messed up I gained weight . I failed I lost all this weight and felt good .. just to gain 98 pounds in a year. Everyone looked up to me, I was an inspiration to alot of people. I have had older friends tell me this is why I don't loose weight is because you just Gained it back. I want this so bad. I don't want to fail again. I am 21 years old and I have a heart problem due to my weight. It's so sad that just two years ago I was 159 and could run and lift and everything