Life Before Facebook

Options
quichebradford
quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
I'm just sitting here wondering what did people do before facebook? Did you dictate your every move via phone calls to your friends? If you were upset, did you email your bff and simply put "UGH" in the subject line, prompting the questions, "what's wrong"? When your income taxt check posted in your account, did you send a mass mail out to your friends, and then let them know that you're also waiting on your baby daddy's check to hit? Did you send a mix tape of all the R Kelly songs you've listened to today by courier pigeon so everyone would know what kind of mood you're in? Did you pay $10k for a billboard on the freeway to announce that you're meeting your friend Jose Cuervo and Patron after work?

What's the craziest thing you've seen on FB?

Replies

• tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    Life before FB = MySpace.

HAHA
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Life before FB = MySpace.

HAHA

True, and before that, I had a Xanga!
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I try not to imagine a time before Facebook. It's too scary ;-)
  • quichebradford
    Options
    LOL, I forgot all about Myspace! You're right!
  • goldnanoparticle
    goldnanoparticle Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There was life before FB?:huh:
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    My baby sister posted pictures of her and friends at a "toy" party. They took inappropriate pics of themselves with a dancer in very compromising positions. SMDH!!!
  • quichebradford
    Options
    LOL!!
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I actually talked to people on the phone!! Communicaton is becoming a lost art:ohwell:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I used to go on a forum site all the time, then i went on myspace for a sec but then facebook came along, next it will be Google's site to come.
  • lizbanks
    lizbanks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I forgot about Xanga! I cancelled my Xanga and MySpace EONS ago!!

Those who post crap like that get silenced. There are A LOT of things that don't belong on Facebook...
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I know,
    It's crazy how public private has become.
    People just don't understand the concept of Network.
    They post everything, from cutting a finger (with pics) to insult their friends, to going to sleep, to it's raining,
    I mean, seriously.
    That was not the purpose of Network, you don't need to be that public.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who posts about EVERYTHING, including the trips to the bathroom that are "unusual" Go to Lamebook.com for a good laugh!
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options
    I hate updates that are just a plea for attention like....OMG everything in my life goes wrong....I'll be the person that ignores you and then deletes you if you keep it up. I love Facebook but I do think you can overshare and to be honest I couldn't give a fig that you are making a cup of tea or heading off to bed...to be honest if you hadn't of told me I'd never have missed you :laugh:
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Yea before facebook was myspace.... and before myspace was cpixel... and before cpixel... Idk... i was like 16 then so probably trouble. lmfao.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I actually talked to people on the phone!! Communicaton is becoming a lost art:ohwell:

That is what I miss. Since then, everyone but me has become addicted to facebook. And when I call them? They don't answer. They text a return message or ask me why I didn't contact them thru facebook. Lame.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Myspace. And before that.. Friendster. sigh.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I used to talk on the phone for hours and hours in highschool. And a little after. I am not a fan of the phone anymore unless I really like you.
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Its not a lost art, its a changing art.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    There was life before FB?:huh:
    I find this hard to fathom as well.
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    Seriously? No FB...how else could I get to be a farmer? :wink: