Too Many Eggs?

Options
MWAgent
MWAgent Posts: 5 Member
When logging my meals, my macros and micros are generally in line with the suggested daily amounts. However, my cholesterol is a over the limit by almost 50% most days. I eat two eggs at least 5 days a week. Should I be concerned about modifying my diet?

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    No. I eat 3 eggs just about every day for breakfast. My doctor has no complaints about anything with regards to my health. I typically go in once a year for my annual check-up/physical - sometimes again, if I catch a respiratory bug - and that's it.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Science is always flipflopping over the effect of eggs on cholesterol and cardiovascular health.

A few studies from 2016 have promising results suggesting that eating 1 egg a day has no effect on cardiovascular health. You'll always find conflicting science, but I personally think that 1 egg a day is not harmful. More than that, who knows. To stay on the safe size, you may want to cut back. Up to you.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20160211/Study-High-cholesterol-diet-or-eating-eggs-do-not-increase-risk-of-cardiovascular-diseases.aspx

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160211083044.htm
  • cepiotrowski3
    cepiotrowski3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sugar effects cholesterol levels... eating foods with cholesterol does not!!
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    they're delicious, i can't get tired of eggs... but generally i don't go over 3 or 4 whole eggs in a day, and get the rest of my fats from other foods. i don't even eat whole eggs every day either... just whatever fats i feel like having for that day. i defiantly wouldn't worry about having 2 eggs a day, merely my opinion.
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Some people can have intestinal issues with eggs.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Unless you have familial hypercholesterolemia, you don't need to worry about dietary cholesterol.
  • kdunn2319
    kdunn2319 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually stick with 2 scrambled eggs daily and mix in as much egg whites as I want.
  • trixieberry17
    trixieberry17 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I eat a egg muffin everyday. I find that since it's in a muffin form, it makes it feel like your eating more than just one egg.