Different sites....different calories needed?

Options
I am trying to figure out how many calories I need to lose weight. MFP say 1280, sparkpeople says 1900-2300, and calorie counter suggest over 3000. Sparkpeople and CC seems really high, and MFP seems really low. Wha do I go by?

Replies

• MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I use CalorieCounter and classed myself as sedentary. My burn meter only goes up when I add in my exercise. Yesterday I burned 380 calories so my burn meter went from 1487 to 1867. From there I subtract the deficit that I want to create from my burn meter and use that as my calorie intake for the day.
  • serabee5
    serabee5 Posts: 89
    Options
    As it was explained to me -if MFP tells you 1280 they are allowing a 1,000 calorie deficit - which actually means 2280 calories a day. That's why you get to eat more when you exercise, and still lose weight when you don't. :D
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    MFP calculates your deficit so that you don't HAVE to work out..

While the other sites calculate your Maintainence calories and then require you to work out...

For instance

MFP (EXAMPLE

2200 calories (maintainence) eat this to neither lose nor gain
    1200 calories (2 pound a week loss) eat this to lose 2 pounds a week without exercise if you exercise eat back your calroies

CC/Sparks people (EXAMPLE)

2200 calories (maintainence) Eat this to stay the same weight, if you would like to lose weight then make sure to burn atleast 500-1000 calories a day to lose 1-2 pounds a week.

make sense?
  • Locfitgrl35
    Locfitgrl35 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It does thank you! I will follow MFP suggestion.