Calorie deficit!!

Options
2»

Replies

• moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy who had his neck broken by a flying Elvis.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    rlwanner wrote: »
    My calories are about 1300/day. I work out everyday and burn about 550 calories in my workout. The problem is that I can't seem to eat enough calories and by the end of the day I have a 200-400 calorie deficit! What do you eat that's not junk to eat these remaining calories? I don't want to plateau or go into starvation mode by not eating enough calories in a day.

Starvation mode is not really a thing: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/761810/the-starvation-mode-myth-again

How did you come up with 550 exercise calories? If you used a machine, or MFP that number can be inflated. Many people eat back 50-75% of exercise calories and adjust up or down (after several weeks) depending upn actual results.

I'm not sure what you consider "junk" or what is healthy. Look for foods that fit your macros. I eat a treat everyday. It's a controlled portion, it fits my macros.....I'm learning portion control for ALL foods not just diet foods. I don't have to be perfect....I just need to improve.

Calorie dense foods (small portions) - nuts, nut butters, olive oil, full fat dairy, avocado.