During my Table-Top Sessions

Options
Ok, so my fiance is taking the bar today and then we are restarting up our Hunter Game. Hunter is like DnD only with a D10 multi-dice system instead of the standard D20. I love it totally my favorite. But here is the question, snacks? Snacks are necessary but carrot sticks are not going to fly. Any snack ideas that will go over well with the group?

Replies

• calikimi
    calikimi Posts: 30
    Options
    Pop Chips are yummy, they arent great for you but they are much better than chips!
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Make chips out of the low cal tortilla shells (Ole is brand I use) & serve with salsa! Also have the fruit & veggies with some dips (low-cal or low-fat versions). Or use tortilla shells to roll low-fat ham & cheese & slice up bite size.

And just happened to find this list shortly after reading this

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/50-best-snack-foods-america?cm_mmc=Yahoo-_-ETNT-_-20_Habits_That_Make_You_Fat-_-50_Best_Snacks
  • jtucker42
    jtucker42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hummus + veggies (or whole wheat pita, but watch for the sodium hit)
    air popped popcorn
    roasted chickpeas
    cherry tomatoes
  • srhdwll
    srhdwll Posts: 65
    Options
    I second the roasted chickpeas... and I'm jealous. I have never played but I play DnD and I was trying to get a game together but it fell through!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I second the roasted chickpeas... and I'm jealous. I have never played but I play DnD and I was trying to get a game together but it fell through!

I like it soooooo much better than DnD, it is much more social and character driven. I <3 it
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Make chips out of the low cal tortilla shells (Ole is brand I use) & serve with salsa! Also have the fruit & veggies with some dips (low-cal or low-fat versions). Or use tortilla shells to roll low-fat ham & cheese & slice up bite size.

And just happened to find this list shortly after reading this

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/50-best-snack-foods-america?cm_mmc=Yahoo-_-ETNT-_-20_Habits_That_Make_You_Fat-_-50_Best_Snacks

Chips out of tortilla shells sounds good and I love salsa and I am always excited by the fact that it is pretty healthy
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa always worked well for our gaming sessions. Hummus was also a big hit. Maybe nuts and dried fruits. You could also try edamame (soybeans) full of protein and fun to eat.
  • rubianne1979
    Options
    I have seperate snacks for me and for the guys when we are playing our Superhero Game. Veggies actually work very well for us. Glad you are enjoying your game.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have seperate snacks for me and for the guys when we are playing our Superhero Game. Veggies actually work very well for us. Glad you are enjoying your game.

Leave it to my best friend 4 hours away to reply on a thread about gaming that I saw by chance! LOL! And I'm NOT the gamer! So looking forward to seeing you this weekend girlie!