Healthy dessert/sweet snack alternatives?

Lately I've been feigning for sweets I had a cheat day already, but I know I can't do that every day lol. Just looking for any and all suggestions

Replies

• DrizztGirl82
    DrizztGirl82 Posts: 85 Member
    I know sometimes frozen berries works for me. They are sweet, and the frozen aspect makes me think it's like an ice cream treat or something. :)
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Dark chocolate (in small amounts)
    Protein bars - I like the Kirkland ones that come in Brownie and Cookie Dough.
    Popsicles or other small serving ice cream bars - often around 100 cal portions
    If you're American, they rave about Halo Top ice cream.
    Fruit. ;)
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Oh, and hard candies, like Werther's Orginal or tic tacs. Give me a sweet taste, but it's only 20 cal for a Werthers. I can make it last for a while. I like the cherry coke tic tacs.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    annacole94 wrote: »
    Dark chocolate (in small amounts)
    Protein bars - I like the Kirkland ones that come in Brownie and Cookie Dough.
    Popsicles or other small serving ice cream bars - often around 100 cal portions
    If you're American, they rave about Halo Top ice cream.
    Fruit. ;)

Im glad im not the only one who considers kirkland protien bars like a dessert... one day i was eating a brownie one and was like damn this tastes as good as a real brownie. Thats the day i realized my taste buds had gone crazy.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Halo Top.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Yasso bars or strawberries with whipped cream.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2017
    Halo Top.

I see Americans rave about Halo Top all the time. I wish I was able to buy some where I live.

For me I've started making jello a lot. I have half a cup of it with whipped cream.
    Right?

I like to mix a package of sugar free jello with fat free sugar free vanilla Greek yogurt (I replace 1 cup of water-the cold edition- with 1 cup of the yogurt) and let it set. Delicious.

• FernRunner
    FernRunner Posts: 79 Member
    I have a Yasso frozen yogurt bar or sandwich almost every night. 80-120 cals.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Meringue cookies. https://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/crispy-classic-meringues They're only about 30 calories each. I also find that Quaker Corn Squares cereal will do when I want something a little more substantial. (Hitting my iron RDA is difficult and this helps.)
  • jexyy
    jexyy Posts: 1 Member
    If I'm craving dessert, I tend to go for Halo Top or Arctic Zero for ice cream.
    Other than that, I go for frozen berries as is or in a smoothie with some protein powder.
    Another alternative that I've done was avocado chocolate cake or dark chocolate.
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    filbo132 wrote: »
    Halo Top.

I see Americans rave about Halo Top all the time. I wish I was able to buy some where I live.

For me I've started making jello a lot. I have half a cup of it with whipped cream.

I wish they had it here in Canada :( Samething for Kodiak pancakes, another product that many Americans rave about.

Halo Top is okay for a low-cal ice cream. Between something like 240 and 360 cal per pint depending on flavor it's temping to eat the whole pint, which makes it a pretty expensive habit. I tried a couple of flavors, and have gone back to regular good quality ice cream, managing my portion sizes. Sometimes eating less of the real is better than a lot of the not so good.

Unsweetened apple sauce sometimes satisfies my sweet tooth, or dried fruit.
  • throughmineeye
    throughmineeye Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2017