Motivation to Lose the pounds before Vacation

Options
Hi Everyone!

I am a 35 year old lady from Georgia. I have been on a weight loss journey since 2014. At first it was all about losing the weight for me. In 2014 I participated in a weight loss challenge at my job. I won the challenge going from 156 pounds to 133 pounds. With that kick start I kept moving forward and challenging myself to do more than Zumba classes. I began doing small strength training workouts and eventually that expanded into where I am now. I do mostly group fitness, as this keeps me motivated and keeps the workouts fun! I do a variety of classes from strength training (weights and body only) to HITT/Circuit Training. One day a week I'll hit the gym floor and do some free weights with 10 min cardio intervals. With all this being said in summer of 2016 I got to my lowest weight of my life @ 119 pounds, in that same summer I hiked the Southern rim of the Grand Canyon solo. To me this was the culmination of success... weight loss and endurance/strength! I still workout regularly, 6 times a week 45 minutes to 2 hours per day depending on my schedule but I have gained back 10 pounds in the past 6 months. This is scary to me because I don't want to go back to where I was and the weight seems to oncoming fast. I want to get stronger and healthier! I have a fairly good diet but I don't think I am consistent enough and can really give in to indulgences on the weekends. I have come to terms my "diet' is not temporary and that it has to be a total lifestyle change. I am going to Iceland/Faroe Islands in July and I want to at least lose 6 to 8 pounds before them and keep up with my exercise to get stronger! Any motivational tips will be helpful! It can be so frustrating and lately I've been feeling really down on myself, which I know we all do this... thanks in advance and I look froward to meeting some new people who can relate!!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    For me, the motivation would be the Grand Canyon & Iceland. Just think about those places before every bite you eat.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're motivated in group settings, so why not join some fitness classes or sports?

Keep in mind that while fitness is great for your health, weight loss happens in the kitchen. Maybe it's time to tighten the reigns on your diet. If you don't already own a kitchen scale, definitely grab one and start tracking as accurately as possible.

It's great that you caught it quickly and losing the 10lbs will be much easier than a larger amount.
  • lindafit4life21
    lindafit4life21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Linda and would love new friends to talk with and keep me on track add me