Started as New Years Resolution

Options
Hello World!... I'm Bob, 55yrs, 6' tall... Started diet Jan 5th... Yep a new years resolutioner. A photo from new years eve did it...shhh.... First month was cutting portions, junk food, fast food, thats the major hurtle, stop eating bad. After that, next month joining the local gym & breaking it in easy, thats the second hurdle. Currently exercising & eating clean with high quality protein supplements (whey isolates). Started at 260, down to 229. Visiting the gym 4 days a week, target strength training for tone mostly with some increase. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis (since teens), 3 herniated discs in lower lumbar and 3 in cervical, carpal tunnel = 30yrs construction. I also received central nervous system damage from damn RA meds since 2009. Yes its tough but you can do it too!! ... I definitely feel better, stronger. Just got tired of feeling bad, looking bad. My goal was 230...recently reached. Now for 220. Its hard at first but once you start seeing results of your hard work, that's the extra incentive you need. MyFitnessPal is a amazing part of my success since starting to count my macro's ...... Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Got2BFitThatIsIt
    Got2BFitThatIsIt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Nicely done. Keep going.
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job that is an awesome achievement! Keep up the great work!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Go Bob, go!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    How inspiring! I imagine your RA & back issues makes exercise very challenging. I'm so impressed by your determination!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!