Anyone Else Future TTC? Losing Weight For Pregnancy

Options
Jazzberry91
Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
Is anyone else on here have a plan to lose XX amount of weight to be healthier before their next/first pregnancy? I had my daughter 3 years ago, I was obese then, have been my whole life, and my hubby and I are planning to TTC again this year. I want to do anything I can to make this pregnancy healthier, which includes losing any/all weight I can before I conceive.

Anyone else have a similar plan? Let's support each other :) Feel free to add me <3

Replies

• Jazzberry91
    Options
    no one wants to have babies? Just me? okay lol
  • boothekm1
    boothekm1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I see children in the near future for me maybe in two to three years. I already have high blood pressure thanks to genetics and weight. So I've decided to lose weight so I will have a healthy pregnancy whenever that may be.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    We're not actively trying, but we're not making efforts to prevent it anymore - does that count? Lol.
  • Jazzberry91
    Options
    We're not actively trying, but we're not making efforts to prevent it anymore - does that count? Lol.

Absolutely! lol

• Jazzberry91
    Options
    boothekm1 wrote: »
    I see children in the near future for me maybe in two to three years. I already have high blood pressure thanks to genetics and weight. So I've decided to lose weight so I will have a healthy pregnancy whenever that may be.

I have a predisposition to have preeclampsia (I did my first pregnancy). So I am really trying to bring my weight down to maybe lessen my chances this time.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Absolutely! lol

Score! :joy: Ideally I'd like to be closer to my goal before anything - I figure that will help maintain a "normal" BF% with healthy gain for the baby. Right now I'm about 44% per the last Bod-pod I did (though that was before I gained 20lbs :open_mouth:, and BMI is just into the Obese Cat 1 range. Plus I will be expected to stay active because of my job, so want to be sure I'm not pushing my body too much by being more fit before hand.
  • Jazzberry91
    Options
    [/quote]

Score! :joy: Ideally I'd like to be closer to my goal before anything - I figure that will help maintain a "normal" BF% with healthy gain for the baby. Right now I'm about 44% per the last Bod-pod I did (though that was before I gained 20lbs :open_mouth:, and BMI is just into the Obese Cat 1 range. Plus I will be expected to stay active because of my job, so want to be sure I'm not pushing my body too much by being more fit before hand. [/quote]

That completely makes sense. I am currently sitting at morbid obese (boo) but want to at least be just "obese" (240 or less). Which means I have another 38 lbs till that first goal :)

• R3b3ccaa
    R3b3ccaa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight before having our last little one. With our first babies I had no pregnancy problems but our last one (will be 2 in May) I had gestational diabetes. That was not fun at all. I am deathly afraid of needles so I made my husband give me the shots while I closed my eyes. My doctor said that my weight and the fact that we had 2 babies 15 months apart contributed.
  • vhausch001
    vhausch001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm totally not trying, but also not preventing lol. I had Preeclampsia twice, both of which lead to HELLP syndrome and micro preemie babies. I have had high blood pressure since I was 16, so my risk is high. Im really trying to buckle down and be healthy. Hubby is getting baby crazy!
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    We are contemplating a third!!! I'm currently working on losing about 40lbs. I've lost 20 for my last two babies but the second baby hurt my body much more than the first. I'm looking to drop lbs and build up my core again. I'm looking for new friends to motivate and support!
  • jesslynnbo
    jesslynnbo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I'm working on right now. My littlest is almost 18 months and we will most likely be looking to begin TTC our last in another 6 months. My overall goal is to lose 45 lbs, but I want to have lost a minimum of 20 by that time. Please feel free to add me. Looking to support others and be supported.
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im in the exact samw boat. Just gad a few mc last few months and gaining weight fast. Need to get back on track and lose weight as were actively ttc now :) feel free to add me
  • metalellie1
    metalellie1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm another who is not actively trying but not preventing either. I'd like to be in the normal bmi range, I'm currently 26.5 so very close! I've lost 20lbs so far, another 8lbs will see me at a normal weight but ideally I'd like to lose another 30lbs!
  • Jazzberry91
    Options
    vhausch001 wrote: »
    I'm totally not trying, but also not preventing lol. I had Preeclampsia twice, both of which lead to HELLP syndrome and micro preemie babies. I have had high blood pressure since I was 16, so my risk is high. Im really trying to buckle down and be healthy. Hubby is getting baby crazy!

My hubby and I are both baby crazy! We promised my parents we would wait till we were married to have our next one (our first daughter was a total surprise). We legally got married in January we are just trying to wait till closer to june (our big wedding. Grandmother was really sick, that's why we got married early) to start trying so A) I can lose more weight and B) so that I can still fit in my dress lol
  • Jazzberry91
    Options
    Yay for babies!! I am sure all of you will drop this weight like a hot potato and be TTC soon :) As before, anyone who has not added me, feel free!
  • brilliantwords
    brilliantwords Posts: 97 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You guys can add me!

I always told myself after my first (he is 2 years + 2 months) that next time I'll be at my goal weight of 180 lbs, because with him I BEGAN at 230, so felt horrible despite good nutrition and working out until 31 ish weeks.

I'm currently at my lowest ever (197.7) and for insight, my highest 8 years ago was 300 (I lost and maintained, then re-lost baby weight).. so I know I can.

I have had baby fever so bad for 3 months so I'm tempted to just go for it and not base it on my weight. I'm also a fitness instructor now (wasn't before) and only 13-18 lbs from my goal weight! So I have a pretty great foundation and sense of accountability for a fit pregnancy!

I'd LOVE friends who are TTC at the same time or plan to in the near future! I wanted to wait until fall 2017 but I may have caved and tried this month- currently on 2 week wait ;). If we're unsuccessful, the plan is to skip a couple months and try again in Sept onward as originally planned! I always wanted a 3+ year age gap, so anytime soon is fine!

Add me!
  • sarahcohee
    sarahcohee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat. I got pregnant with my daughter at 230lbs and had a rough pregnancy with high blood pressure and blood sugar issues before I had to be induced. My husband and I would love more, but I knew I had to be in a healthier place first. My body is what nurtures the sweetie for nine months, so I want it to be a safe, healthy environment! Feel free to add me!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    As much as I would have loved to have a third child after our twins, we had an early loss 3 years ago and DH hasn't wanted to ttc again. However, I did lose 20 lbs before we TTC the first time; I wanted to be at a healthy weight before pregnancy. Good luck to you!
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I'm getting married in September. We are ready to start TTC right away. I'm down 25 pounds and only have 9 to go for goal weight. I want to look my best for my wedding but I also want to be as healthy as possible for my first pregnancy