Me and my new hips

Options
I have always been active and weighed 144 pounds,(that fluctuated during holidays). 2 years ago I started having severe hip issues. They got so bad that I could no longer work. It took 6 months to figure out it was osteoarthritis, try cortisone injections, and the I got my first hip replacement. 6 months later I had my second hip replaced. That was 7 months ago. I have recovered pretty much but during this year and a half period of inactivity I gained 70 pounds. I went from 144 to 214 and feel miserable about it. Not only do I have to work on my legs that have been at a disadvantage for a year and a half, I also have to carry around an extra 70 pounds. 3 years ago I was doing day hikes in the mountains as long as 20 miles. Now it is a victory if I can make it up the stairs without using the handrail. On a positive note, I'm now down to 200.2 pounds.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,208 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Congrats on the 14 pound weight loss so far! You've totally got this. :flowerforyou:
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had a hip replaced and everything went wrong, but that is another story. I use my bike for exercise and only walk short distances as I have problems with my knees and ankles.