Eating Healthy at College

Options
One of my biggest goals is to eat healthier but it's difficult when youre a college student with a tight budget. Are there any tips and advice you have for someone like me? I'm sure there's plenty of people with similar problems. Thank you so much in advance!

Replies

• pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
  • SammysMommy3
    SammysMommy3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A cheap Rice cooker works wonders. You Can make ur brown rice and also steam ur veggies fish chicken .. hope this helps <3
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of quick cook oatmeal, eggs, chicken, rice & beans, and veggies. All cheap, especially bought in bulk.
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Frozen veggies are cheaper than fresh.
    Buy fruits that are in season and, thus, cheaper.
    Chicken is usually the cheapest meat. Start there. And use some cheap methods of seasoning. Lemon juice, rosemary, and salt is a great combo!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Do you eat in a cafeteria or have your own kitchen.

If a cafeteria, use things like the salad bar. If on your own, things like rice and pasta are cheap and make good bases for meals.
  • shannonschaefer09
    shannonschaefer09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this homechef thing with a couple friends of mine and it is awesome cause I get to learn to cook and not have to buy so many things in bulk at the grocery store. Do you suggest I should just buy in bulk or continue buying in portions?
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this homechef thing with a couple friends of mine and it is awesome cause I get to learn to cook and not have to buy so many things in bulk at the grocery store. Do you suggest I should just buy in bulk or continue buying in portions?

It depends on how perishable the item is. If you will use it before it goes bad, buy the bigger package, if not buy a package you can use before it spoils.