Dumbbell routine please?

Options
SCP0914
SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
Does anyone have a beginner dumbbell routine they can give me for gaining muscle and burning fat? I have 15 lb dumbbells and a weight bench. No barbell, but I plan to purchase one later on. Thanks!

Replies

• dubble818
    dubble818 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    One pair of 15lb dumbbells isn't going to help much on their own. They will be too heavy for some exercises and not nearly heavy enough for others. I'd incorporate burpees, planks, pushups, tricep dips, lunges and squats holding the dumbells and other bodyweight exercises in to whatever dumbbell routine you decide on. Try to pick up some 5's and 30's too. Then you can develop your shoulders and chest too.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I agree with dubble...you would be better off having some different weights. I have 3s, 5s, and 7.5s. I really could use slightly heavier ones, but use the 5s and 7.5s quite a bit. I use them with dvds like 30 Day Shred, The Firm's 500 calorie workout, and Turbo Jam has a weight routine in their first dvd set.
  • hcolligan
    hcolligan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender has good workouts for dumbbells but you will need a few different sized weights.
  • Crackertime
    Crackertime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I 2nd Fitness blender!!!! Search the site or Youtube with the word strength.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I 2nd Fitness blender!!!! Search the site or Youtube with the word strength.

Repeating the FitnessBlender approval and add Powerblocks, or another, adjustable set of dumbbells.
  • robertsjm24
    robertsjm24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    SCP0914 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a beginner dumbbell routine they can give me for gaining muscle and burning fat? I have 15 lb dumbbells and a weight bench. No barbell, but I plan to purchase one later on. Thanks!

Make sure you take into account the max supported weight of your bench when you use it or purchase anything heavier.
  • Michael_Moriarty
    Michael_Moriarty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree on the Fitness Blender recommendations! Their web site has a nifty search feature to filter their videos to those that match the equipment and goals for the specific workouts that we're interested in.
  • infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This is what I do, but I highly suggest you get some lighter weights: http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/
    And of course, if you need to, you can substitute some routines with dumbbells; that's what I did with the bench press.