Love: food Hate: Self?

Options
Hey everyone. I am not fat. I am not super skinny. I do not have an eating disorder. I am not here to whine.

I, like many women, have a poor self image. Desperately trying to find a dress to wear to my brother's upcoming wedding has truly underlined this problem for me. Since I discovered I could blog today, I am going to share my struggles with LOVING to eat and wanting to look and feel better than average. If you are like me and what you see in the mirror is completely different from what your friends and family say they see- I am SO there with you.

I will be blogging when I can find the time (I'm a 24 year old single mom without a degree working 2 jobs). I will be talking about the dress journey, weight loss, NEVER having time to work out, days when nothing fits or looks good, and all of the other things that work against women who want to feel confident.

Yes, I want to live longer, yes I want to live healthier, but what I really want is just to LIVE- and feel damn good doing it.

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! We're glad to have you no matter what your goal is! :smile:
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    You're awesome.
  • lpressburger
    Options
    Thanks, feels great to put all these things out in the open. Congrats on your progress thus far!
  • lpressburger
    Options
    Haha, thanks! 3 lbs to go for you? GREAT!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I hear you and feel you pain. I wish I could say I'm not fat, but I am overweight. Working hard to lose the weight and am down 20lbs already. But regardless of the number on the scale I have never, in my whole life, felt pretty. Even though I have loved ones who tell me I am I certainly don't see it. I believe now that a big part of why I gained weight was because of poor self image and trying to "hide" behind food and the fat it added to my body. It literally became a shield for me.

My journey to lose weight has become about more than weight, but about finding confidence in myself and developing a healthy self image.

I'm excited to read our posts when you have the time to make them! I too am a Working Mom so I can understand some of what you are going through, although I only work one job and am married. Even with those difference, please know that you are not alone in this and I am here for support whenever you need it :)
  • lpressburger
    Options
    You are beautiful, and so is your son! Let's do this.
  • catlover2930
    Options
    I too have the same problem, love to eat but hate myself :(
    Never feel pretty either.
    But hopefully I'm getting slimmer so that is a start
  • lpressburger
    Options
    I think you are like me. We have misplaced our concerns. Losing weight is great and I wish you luck with that- but trying to step back and notice how overly critical you are of yourself is really eye opening.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful, and so is your son! Let's do this.

he just turned one a few days ago and is the most beautiful person I have ever seen :heart: Thanks!