Drinking calories?

Options
How do you guys feel about drinking calories? I have been avoiding them for the most part because of the calories and the fact that they don't fill me up. I've found they make me hungry. I just had some almond milk after a long time without drinking any calories and it made me super hungry. Everything but water does that for me!! Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me? I can't figure out why

Replies

• womanisadevil
    womanisadevil Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Juices, sports drinks, soda I try and stay clear of. A few times a week for breakfast I'll make a smoothie before work and have lots of fruit and sneak in some veggies like spinach and carrots.
    I'll add a couple tbsps of oatmeal to make it super filling, plus the fibre you get from the veggies/fruits.
    The only thing I can justify drinking my calories because of the nutritional value. :smiley:

Besides the 10 calories I get from the spoonful of milk in my coffee.
    Because if I don't have 3 cups of coffee a day after stopping drinking diet pepsi I won't get all the caffiene fix I need to be a normal functioning human being haha!
  • Tq43
    Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like a skinny latte if I'm out and about. I find this fills me and I use it a snack then. That's the only drink I have calories in.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I try not to unless I'm splurging on something. But right now I'm working third shift on no sleep, so Mountain Dew is keeping me semi-coherent. It just means I'll have to make sure that 300 calories is accounted for. Normally I drink diet sodas, but I can't stand Diet Dew.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink my calories because it simply does not fill me up. An occasional smoothie in summer is about it.
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Beer fills me up always. Good to drink then sometimes.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I may have some whole milk, but it's a binge trigger so I only buy a pint once a week or so. Recently i've been drinking a can of Pepsi Fire every day, but it's only 150 calories and I sip it throughout the day.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I try not to drink my calories, unless it's something good, like wine.
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I like milk, so I will have a glass at breakfast or with a snack every once and awhile. I will also have a glass of wine every now and then or a beer, other than that I drink water or unsweetened ice tea.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    A few won't hurt you, but generally they aren't a good idea.
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My post run breakfast is a protein smoothie (330 calories & 33 g of protein) and that fills me up quite nicely for a few hours. I drink coffee or hot chocolate with almond milk a few times a day too (only 30-40 calories per serve), however usually with a protein snack to keep my hunger under control.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I pretty much stopped drinking calories except maybe once a month when I really want a smoothie or a fancy coffee drink or a hard cider. Most of the time, I'd rather save my calories for dessert, lol.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    How do you guys feel about drinking calories? I have been avoiding them for the most part because of the calories and the fact that they don't fill me up. I've found they make me hungry. I just had some almond milk after a long time without drinking any calories and it made me super hungry. Everything but water does that for me!! Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me? I can't figure out why

I never drink my calories anymore except on rare occasions.
  • rachelagoodill
    rachelagoodill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try not to, I'll have a coffee but I stay away from juice, I guess on days when i have smoothies or wine, I make sure I do a bit more exercise
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I sometimes drink my meal calories,
    Makes life easier if I'm busy at work.
    Home made shake.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Excepting planned meals of protein shakes and green smoothies, I avoid calorie-laden sugary confections in cups.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    i drink some calories - occasional fruit juice, several coffees per day, 20 calories each for the low fat milk (no sweetener) and sometimes milk on its own. Cappaccino once or twice a week.
    Some alcohol calories now and then..

I imagine most people are like this and drink some calories, would be unusual to drink only water all the time

I guess if you find drinking any calories at all doesnt work for you - then dont.

Just drink no calorie water, and almost no calorie diet soda, black tea/coffee if you like them

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee, water and the occasional booze. I only drink soda when on an airplane (ginger ale) and when my boyfriend is having a Diet Coke at dinner. Other than that...water.

I will say recently, I sometimes get a sweet craving after dinner. When that happens, I flavor my water with like crystal light or Aldo's Fit N Active stuff. 5 calories a serving and my craving goes away.